chapter 59

this school week has been HECTIC. i had no time to do anything. sorry for being late, i hope this chapter makes up for it.

song recommendation - worst by always never.

They stood in the kitchen covered with warm sunlight as Junkyu was struggling to find jam. Mashiho leaned back on the kitchen counter. The cold feel of the kitchen counter pressed against his fingers and palm once he touched it. He watched Junkyu rummage through every cupboard in the kitchen. He let out a chuckle and walked to him.

Junkyu turned his head to him then looked back into the cupboard as he pushed some things around.

"Have you looked in the fridge?" Mashiho asked, Junkyu looked like he was genuinely struggling. Mashiho's lips stretched into a small smile.

"yep." Junkyu said with an exasperated sigh. Mashiho walked around the kitchen, letting his eyes skim through the compliment of wood and steel .

" Maybe we don't need jam." Mashiho suggested, he couldn't take one more minute of watching Junkyu flipping the kitchen upside down .

"But strawberry jam sandwiches would make the picnic so much better." Junkyu stopped and turned his head to him. Mashiho looked down and sighed.

"What if there's no jam?" He asked. He hoped Junkyu would give up and stop looking for the jam.

"Ugh this is so frustrating." Junkyu groaned as he walked to the couch. Mashiho looked down and smiled in victory.

"Don't you think we should make something else?" Mashiho asked. "Or we can just go to the store and get some cupcakes, I'm down for that."

" I think we should do that." Junkyu nodded with a convinced look on his face. Mashiho let out a relieved sigh.

They at in silence as Junkyu drove the car. Junkyu took his mom's car and sat in the driver's seat as Mashiho sat in the front seat. It looked as if Junkyu was driving way over the limit. But the speedometer proved him wrong. The red glowing numbers proved that he was driving a few miles less than the speed limit.

Everything felt so fast. Maybe he was excited . Or maybe he was nervous. Whatever it was, he didn't really put too much thought into it. Junkyu was driving with his eyes focused on the road. Mashiho, sat there with his anxiousness. They've just recently went to a convenience store and grabbed some things like cupcakes and doughnuts .