Chapter 9

Rae Won POV:

Mr. Kim got into the class and we did the greetings.

"Students, your exam results is in my hand now. Congratulations because our class got the first place among freshmen classes." Everyone clapped.

"Next, I will hand out all of your results." Mr. Kim called the names one by one.

"Lastly, the top two students, Kim Yugyeom and Kim Rae Won." We both got up to get our results.

"Congratulations, both of you."

"Kamsahabnida." We went back to our seat.

"I believe all of you can maintain your hard work. One more thing, Yugyeom and Rae Won will take part in math competition next week based on your best performances in last exam. Come and see me after school to take the paper from last year." We both nodded and with that the class ended.

At teacher's office...

" Here is the question paper from last year. You two can go back and practice using it. Good luck! "We bowed and left.

" Rae Won, how about we practice it together? "

" Sounds good. Maybe we can go to my mom's cafe? "

" Sure. " I led him to eomma's cafe. We entered the cafe and the workers greeted me.

" Ms. Kim, what can I help you with? " A waiter came as we sat down at an empty place.

" Umm... Yugyeom, what do you want? "

" Anything is fine with me. "

" Then, red velvet cake two please and two cup of latte. Thank you." The waiter went away.

"Well, let's start now." We pulled out the papers and started solving it one by one.

"All right, we're done. Let's wrap it up."

"How about I walk you home? It's late and dangerous for a girl to walk alone." I nodded then we walked home.

Next week...

We went to the mathematics room to answer the questions.

"Fighting!" We said to each other and sat separately.

Few days later...

Mr. Kim called me and Yugyeom to the office.

"Your results is out. Congratulations, both of you got bronze medals. Here is your certificate." We received the certificates and went back to class.

"How is it? Any good news?" A classmate asked us.

"Well, we just got bronze medals." Yugyeom answered.

"As expected from our genius couple. Congratulations!!!"

"What did you say?! Genius couple? Who's a couple?" I said angrily.

"Both of you, of course. You two always together and even did well in exams. You two indeed geniuses. Moreover, who would believe you two are not a couple?"

"Stop it, everyone. We're just friends. Nothing more. Can you all just mind your own business?" I can't hold my anger anymore. All of them shut their mouth and went back to their seats.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." I said then went back to my seat.

"Don't mind them. They're just like that. Like to gossip and made up stories." Yugyeom comforted me then I smiled at him.