Chapter 24

Rae Won POV:

"Are we there yet?" I asked curiously as my eyes have been blindfolded and he led the way.

"Just wait. We'll be there soon." He whispered in my ears.

"Aish, I'm curious of what kind of surprise you've prepared..."

"You'll see it soon and I'm sure you will like it. Okay, we're here. Ready, one, two, three!" He unfolded my eyes. I opened it slowly and wandered around the room.

"How is it? Like it?"

"Yeah,love it! Thank you oppa for doing so much for me." I hugged him.

"It's nothing. Also, this is only the beginning. There's more to come for you..." He pulled me out of hug. I looked at him walking away to another room and then came back with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Kim Rae Won, I knew that we skipped many things to become what we are today. So, today, I want to make it up for you. I never imagined that today, you will stand in front of me as my legal wife. I think everything happened so fast but I never regret anything. I never regret that I chose to marry you without knowing what's your feelings towards me and I'm relieved that I made that decision or else you'll fall in other man's arms and if that happened, I don't know what I would do. Kim Rae Won, thanks for loving me and choosing me as your Mr. Right. I will make you happy for the rest of our lives. Are you willing to? " I nodded and took the flowers from his hand.

" Of course I'm willing to. " He smiled.

Eunwoo POV:

I walked towards a table and took a remote control. I pushed the button opening the curtain ahead of us revealing the beach view. She looked outside and then suddenly she trembled. I ran to her.

"Rae Won, what's wrong with you?" She stumbled upon the floor and covered her face between her knees. I kneeled down in front of her.

"Close... Close that back. I'm... I'm afraid." I pushed the button to close it back and I throwed the remote away. I hugged her.

"Don't be afraid. I'm here." She hugged me back. Her whole body shivered a lot. She's really afraid but I don't know why she's afraid.
~~~~~~
I caressed her hair as she's sleeping. Then, I went outside of the room and dialled a number.

Me: Yeoboseye, appa?
Appa: Ye, Eunwoo-ah. What's wrong?
Me: It's like this. I prepared a surprise for Rae Won but it seems that I picked a wrong place. I brought her to a chalet near a beach.
Appa: Where? Beach?
Me: Ye. Is there something wrong with it?
Appa: *sigh* It's a dark past of Rae Won. When she's in primary school, we're busy since our company are rising at that time so we don't have much time for her but despite that, we knew everything about her. She had a friend and she really loves her. As you know, she cherishes people she loves. She have been pretty and intelligent since little and many boys like her. That's what made her friend jealous of her. And also, every day, she would go to a beach because it made her feel calm so one day she brought that friend of her there but an incident happened. She was drowned and the girl only looked at her from afar. Luckily, there's people nearby or else, I don't know what would happen to her. After the incident, she told us what happened and she remembered clearly what happened that day but unfortunately, she can’t remember the girl's face nor name. Her condition is not so stable but you know, she's strong and she endured it all until today. But, she can’t be near any beach.
Me: So, that's what happened. I'm sorry that I brought back her dark past.
Appa: It's okay. You don't know it. Just take note in the future.
Me: I will. Gomawo, appa.

I put the phone in my pocket. I went in the room and sat on a chair beside the bed.

"You went through a lot. In the future, I won't let anything happen to you. I will protect you."