XXII

Soft knocks entered Jisung's house and him being the one closest to the door, opened it.
There stood Sieon who's eyes lit up looking up at her friend.

"Hey Jisung!"

"Hey...um, should I call mom?"

"No, I'm here for you." He looked at her, confused as Sieon rubbed the back of neck. "It's been a while, so. If you're free, mind joining me?"

His face turned from being confused to contemplating and Sieon was sure he'd decline but instead, he agreed, "I'll change my shirt, won't take long."

A smile crept up her face and she nodded. In less than a minute, the door opened again but there was someone else this time.

"Hello aunty." Sieon bowed respectfully.

"Hello dear. Why don't you come in while Jisung's changing?"

"Oh no, it's alright." She politely denied the offer. "He won't take long I suppose–"

"Let us go." Jisung came and then they started to wander around without any specific place to stop.

"How has been work going?" Sieon broke the silence. For some reason, the atmosphere seemed a bit awkward even though she tried to stay calm.

"Good," He nodded his head, "What about you?"

"Same. It's great," She suddenly stopped in her tracks and so did Jisung. "Why does it seem like there is something bothering you? Is it about me?"

"No no no. Why would you feel like that?" He smiled and turned to face Sieon, "I guess it's because we met after a while."

His “while” was basically almost two years. Two years since they last went out together and even though they saw each other and had interacted a bit, they felt a distance between.

"I know, but this doesn't mean that you get formal with me, Jisung Pwark!" He laughed whole heatedly at the nickname he used to despise a lot before, and Sieon felt happy knowing she was able to break the thinly awkward barrier between the friends. "I'm what, I guess, two months younger than you."

"I know," he caught his breath and flashed her his box smile, "Where are we going, though?"

"To Mr. Han's restaurant. For lunch."

He looked at her with a glow in his eyes and stood in a running position, "On the count of three..."

"You idiot, I'm grown up now."

3

"I'm in a dress!"

2

"Fine!"

1

And both the friends excitedly ran towards the restaurant which was once their favorite meeting spot, without a care of what other's would think. They were back to their childlike self and even though Jisung was youngest in his group of friends, he was a boy, so it wasn't a big difference for him. But to Sieon, she loved this feeling –of running away like no end or as of no one was watching. But it didn't last long as they reached this destination quite early.

Before Sieon was going to approach Jisung, she had contemplated whole night. He had grown up allot according to her. Both of them not meeting anymore was also an effect of it. But Mrs. Park was the best lady according to her. Many women used to talk about her too because she was one of those rare ladies who weren't interested gossiping.
She wasn't expecting Jisung to say yes but it made her really happy when he did so.

Sieon was glad that those gossiping ladies never talked about Jisung and her because despite the fact that they both were friends since childhood, the ladies wouldn't let it go.