CHAPTER 2

I didn't see Tess over the weekend. I was too busy working at the clinic plus I am taking on-line college courses. I am studying to get my vet's license. I already know what I am doing, seeing how I grew up in the clinic. I just need my license. I am now in my second year of college. It is brutal but I am pushing through it. Between both school's work and working at the clinic, I am one tired girl.

The sanctuary cares for animals that are not of the basic animal the clinic cares for. These animals come from the local woods that surround Wolfs Crest. They consist of deer, rabbits, raccoons, foxes, and yes, my favorite, wolves. Mostly cubs, but we have had a few adults. Once we have successfully treated the animals, we release them back in the wild.

I woke up the same way as last week. Grunting, groaning, and cursing the morning. I threw back the covers and went to get out of bed and fell flat on my face. Apparently, I had somehow gotten my feet tangled up in the sheets throughout the night. This is why I hate flat sheets.

I moaned a painful cry. "That's gonna leave a mark." I rubbed my cheek just under my right eye.

I unwrapped my burrito looking feet and made my way to the bathroom. I jumped into the shower and went about my business. I got out wrapping myself in a towel. I brushed my teeth and headed for my closet. I grabbed my clothes and then headed back to bathroom to check my face. It was a little red but don't think it will bruise. I brushed hair and made way downstairs. I threw on my shoes and grabbed my bag. Once I was sure I had everything I needed, I grabbed my keys and headed off to hell.

When I pulled into the parking lot, I had the unfortunate luck of parking next to the one worst jocks I never wanted to cross paths with. Mason Jarsons. He was one of the biggest playboy jocks that walked the halls of Wolfs East. If you had boobs, you were on his hit list. All the girls fell for his lines, smiles, and his looks in general.

He was tall, a quarterback, blonde, blue eyes, rich, and drove a Porsche. But none of that made up for his lack of personality or lack of respect for human dignity. His friends idolized him because he was popular. He was only popular because of his status as quarterback and his money. Take all that away, and you are left with a toad.

I tried to quickly escape his presence but to no avail. I wanted to slap the smirk right off his smug face. He sauntered over to my car like he had a purpose. He leaned against my passenger door so I couldn't open it. He crossed his arms over his chest and smiled.

"Good morning Cora," he said smugly.

I rolled my eyes with a giant sigh. "What do you want Mason?"

"I just thought that maybe you and I could..." he paused, as he ran his slimy hand up my arm, "...you know, get together after school. My parents won't be home until late," he tried to say, in a smooth sexy tone.

Gross! I gave him the most disgusted look I could muster. I knocked his hand away from my arm and laughed. He looked at me with a stunned expression. "No thanks. I would rather eat glass. Now, get off my car," I demanded.

"You know you want to Cora," he continued to say.

"No, no I don't. Now, I am not going to ask again. Get off my car!" I shouted.

He chuckled thinking I was kidding. He went to grab at me again, but I was quicker than him. I grabbed his hand and twisted his arm behind his back. He started grunting from the pain. "What the hell are you doing?" he shouted at me.

"Don't touch me again. I am not one of the stupid whores around this school Mason. You disgust me, your touch makes my skin crawl, and just the sight of you makes me sick. Do us both a favor, stay away from me!" I shouted then shoved him away from my car and me.