CHAPTER 41

CORA

I know that I have been a real terror. I do not mean to be, but these evil hormones. The slightest things will set me off. If Max's smile doesn't reach his eyes I feel as if he is faking the smile. He has had to change his cologne three times, his shower gel, and his deodorant as well. One whiff and I go running for the toilet. I never knew how bad smells can make one sick.

I have had to apologize at least a thousand times to him and the pack. I get told the same thing. "You're pregnant, it is to be expected." At this point, it is overused in my case. Thankfully, I have not had any weird cravings. I just eat everything in sight. I eat enough to feed four warriors. But hey, my weight is fine despite my protests. Yes, I feel fat and complain about it, but technically, my weight is on point.

I may be only two and half months pregnant but look six. It seems every other week my body grows. I buy a pair of maternity pants just to turn around and outgrow them. Frustrated, Shelly, decided to take me shopping. We went to a shop designed for werewolves. Clothes that are fashioned for fast growing bellies.

The owner was all too happy to help the previous Luna and current Alpha/Luna. She was a sweet older lady. She has been around since Bryan's father's reign. She told me all kind of stories of Bryan and his brothers growing up. I was having a blast learning how Bryan was a rebellious teen. He stole his father's car and drove to Vegas to gamble. Ryan, Zeke's dad, skipped school and got drunk with the neighboring pack's Beta. Turns out Byron was the only good kid. Or he just never got caught.

By the end of our three hours in the store, which was so worth it due to the stories, we had gotten five pairs of jeans that stretched, a couple of pairs of stretchy leggings, some lounge pants, nightwear, shirts, and even nursing bras along with nursing outfits. I was really surprised at our haul. She gave us a massive discount on the clothes too. I tried to protest but she wouldn't budge. She was as stubborn as me. I liked her.

When we got home, we heard cursing echoing throughout the house. We head towards the sounds and found the guys building the furniture for the babies.

"Who the hell wrote these damn instructions? Must be humans!" yelled Max. Shelly, Tess and I laughed.

He was trying to put together the changing table. They had everything else put together. What was so hard about the changing table? Have they been doing this the whole time we were gone? Have what they put together so far, be safe for the babies? Oh goddess, we women may need to redo everything.

Shelly breaks the man tantrum. "Having problems, are we?"

Max snaps his head towards the door. "These directions are in alien," he curses. I shake my head.

"Maybe you need a woman's eyes to read them. Men are foreign to directions anyway." Shelly chuckles. The guys all glare at her.

"Hey!" Bryan growls playfully. "We did everything else. We can get this too."

Shelly holds her hands up in surrender. "Alright. No need to testy. You guys finish up here and we will go get dinner started."

With that, we left the guys to finish the tables and went to get dinner started. Well, Shelly and Tess did. I went to put my clothes away. I continued to hear the guys curse and I laughed to myself. Eventually, Max came into the room, finding me in the closet.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey. Did you finish?" I smirked.

"Yes," he stressed. "Damn tables," he grunted.

"The nursery looked great. Thank you."

"You're welcome baby. All we need now is the bedding and whatever extra you're wanting for them."