CHAPTER 9

MAX

When we arrived at Mason's around nine, I couldn't believe how insane the place was. People were already drunk, they were dancing on the tables, people were skinny dipping in his pool, and the place smelled like alcohol, sex and sweat. Zeke and Tiny looked at me horrified. We have been to parties before but nothing like this. So, this is what a human party looks like.

We moved through the dancing crowd in the living room and made our way to the kitchen. Once there, we found a table full of food and a kitchen island with multiple bottles of alcohol. Kids were laughing and the music was thumping out of speakers from somewhere. My poor sensitive ears. I felt as if I was in sort of chaotic tornado. That is exactly what this place looked like. Chaos in a tornado.

I saw a big red cooler with ice on the floor that held bottles of beer. I grabbed each of us one. We stood back and people watched. This was sight to see that is for sure. I felt someone bump into me and turned with a scowl but soon softened that scowl into a smile.

"I'm sorry Max," Topher whispered. His expression was one of fear. Was he afraid I was going to hit him or something? Then I looked up and saw two guys chasing after him. Why were they chasing him? I got my answer, and it was one I wished I hadn't heard.

"Where did the little fairy go? I am going to beat his little faggot ass!" I saw red instantly. I hate that word. I know Tiny heard it too. His head snapped in the direction of the voices and growled rather loudly. I saw his wolf coming forward. His wolf is much more unpredictable than mine when its mad.

Topher quickly hid behind me and ducked his head, so he was hidden. Tiny saw his reaction and quickly pulled him into his arms, causing Topher to let out a cute little yelp. I watched on with amusement. Tiny had an odd expression. He looked almost angry with me for protecting Topher, yet there was a hint of something else. I examined that expression a little more intently. Wait, I know that look. Oh my goddess! Topher is Tiny's mate! Holy goddess, you sly little minx.

The reality of the present was brought back to me when the two guys, football players, came rushing into the house. "There you are fairy," one of them smirked. I shook my head. Dummy.

Tiny growled at the boy making him take a step back. "What did you call him?" he demanded.

The other dumbass stepped forward trying to show dominance. "Fairy," he spit out. "What are you going to do about it, uh?" Never challenge a wolf, especially Tiny. Even I know that one. I maybe the up-and-coming Alpha, but he is also my cousin. He can whip my ass like no tomorrow.

"Trust me little boy, you don't want to challenge me," Tiny responded through gritted teeth. He was holding his wolf back and it was taking everything in him to do so.

"Oh yeah," the boy squeaked out. Tiny had a good two feet over this kid. Plus, Tiny is built like the Hulk on steroids. This kid looked more like Harry Potter.

"Try me." Finally having enough, Tiny bared his teeth.

Harry's friend who was now scared shitless, started pulling him away by his arm. "Come on Paul. The faggot isn't worth it." Next thing I knew, the little friend was up against a wall by his throat. Zeke and I were trying to get Tiny to let him down, but he was far beyond pissed. His wolf was at the forefront and we just could not stop it.

"Call him that one more time and I will rip your tongue out and shove it up your ass," Tiny grunted.

"Tiny man come on. You need to calm down. Let the kid go." He stared at Zeke with hatred in his eyes. This wasn't working.

Before I could say anything, Topher walked over to him. He laid his hand onto Tiny's giant bicep. Tiny whipped his head down to look into Topher's eyes. His expression softened and you could see the sudden want in his eyes. Topher looked back at him with the same eyes. His voice was in a whisper, but we could still hear it. "It's okay Tiny. Put him down."