CHAPTER 31

CORA

When I entered the pack house, I saw Tess sitting on the couch looking a little peaked. Poor girl. This is my first time in the pack house as well. Max explained all the details of how things work around here. I do my best to keep my eyes at eye level. I quite frankly do not want to see all the va-jays jays or ding-a-lings running around. Although, sweet mercy! Werewolves have some fine ass bodies.

I finally made it over to Tess and once she saw me, the smile on her face was almost heart stopping. God, I missed my best friend. She jumped off the couch and ran at me. I lost my balance when she jumped at me causing us to fall on our asses. We laughed while screaming out in pain. I didn't mind. I was happy to see her safe and in one piece.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

She nods her head erratically in my chest. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I tell her, giving her a tight hug. "Um, can you get off me though? The floor is really uncomfortable." I chuckle.

"Oh sorry," she mumbles, getting off me.

I lead us back to the couch so I can get a better look at her. She has a few bruises and some scrapes but nothing major, to my relief. "You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah. A wolf rescued me. He was sweet, but he left right after we got here. I don't know who he was."

I wonder how she would feel if she knew it was Zeke. I am surprised she is taking all this quite well. Most people would freak out and be running for the hills, but she seems rather calm. Course, there is still so much more to tell her. I don't think the pack house is where to reveal all the secrets though. I would need to take her to Max's house.

"Hey Tess." She looks at me with curiosity. "We need to talk."

She smirks and scoffs at me. "Ya think! Gurl, you got a lot of explaining to do."

I gulp at her scolding. I knew this was going to happen as soon as those damn wolves cornered us at the clinic. Ugh! Just as I was about to reply to her scolding, Bryan comes in with Max. Oh shit! She doesn't know about him either. I growl in my frustration.

Tess looks towards the door and her eyes pop out. "Max? What are you...? OMG!" she screeches making every wolf howl as their ears bleed at the loud sound.

I cover my ears as does Bryan and Max along with every other wolf. I hiss and glare at her. She stares at me with an uncertainty look before she jumps off the couch and points at me with her mouth dragging the floor. Her eyes dart between the door where Max and his father are standing then back at me on the couch. I think she figured it out.

"You-you're... It all makes sense now!" she shouts. I look over at Max and deeply sigh.

"We should take this someplace else," Bryan states. "There is a lot to talk about." Didn't I just say that.

Tess throws her hands upon her hips, nodding her head while giving us that look that says, 'Damn straight!' The four of us head over to Max's house to talk. Thankfully, Max put clothes on because I tell you what, he better not be running around naked! I will kick his ass into next week! Ain't nobody supposed to be seeing his naked ass but me, thank you very much.

"Don't worry babe. I know better than walk around naked," Max whispers in my ear out of nowhere. I jump out of shock. Oops! I forgot he can hear my thoughts.

"Get out of my head!" I shout.

"Don't think so loudly," he utters back.

"What do you mean?" Tess questions.