CHAPTER 40

MAX

  Oh, dear goddess, help me! Cora pregnant is a nightmare. Her mood swings could give you whiplash. Sweet and adorable one minute and ready to slaughter the pack in the next. I was thankful that she decided to graduate early because I swear, she would shift in front of everyone at school during a mood swing. Which by the way, is not good for mothers. They aren't allowed to shift during pregnancy. It isn't safe for the babies. But try telling that to her. No thanks. I want to enjoy my life.

She just shifted back and was huffing at me for the third time today. First time was when I left a towel on the bathroom floor after showering, the second was when I forgot to put my plate in the dishwasher. This last time was because I complained about not having enough marshmallows on the yams.

Cora did an amazing job at Thanksgiving. The pack was blown away with her version of dishes. We always had the same things, and she brought a whole new twist. Everyone loved her desserts too. Course, the real winner was Tess in that department. But I was not going to tell Cora that, oh hell no! I need my family jewels for future kids.

Well, now it was the Christmas Eve feast. She is trying to cut back on the sugar and fat intake. Mainly because she feels she is already getting fat. She is pregnant, what did she expect? She wants the whole pack to try and eat healthier as well. She isn't denying them anything but trying to lessen the need for junk food or eating fattier foods all the time. Most of the pack is on board.

Really it is minor changes. Fat free salad dressing, going from whole milk to one with less fat, or granola bars instead of candy. Things like that. She is just trying to get everyone to make better choices and I understand that, but I went too far with the yams. Course, my reasoning on it made her blow up.

"You realize we are werewolves, right? We don't get diseases such as diabetes or get even get fat."

"Fine then! You make the damn yams! It isn't like you are actually in here cooking. Why don't you try and make a dinner for thousands of people and see if you can make everyone happy!"

With that, her anger got the best of her and she shifted in the kitchen. The Omegas that were in there with her, all gasped and jumped out of her way faster than you can say, Christmas. She bolted out the back doors with the puppies following her. I had no clue where she went, but when they came back, all three of them were dirty and panting.

She quietly walked up the steps to the Alpha suite of the packhouse to the shower. When she came out, I was patiently waiting on the bed. I smiled at her, although truly afraid to even speak. She smiled at me with this cute look that said, 'Sorry.' I wrapped my arms around her waist, nestling my head on her swollen tummy.

I gulped before I spoke. "I am sorry. I know you are doing your best with trying to make everyone happy. It was wrong of me."

She sighed. "No. I shouldn't have blown up. I cannot get a control on these goddess forsaken hormones. If you want to leave me, I don't blame you." That just shook me to my core.

I stared at her in disbelief. "Baby, I am not going to leave you because of the mood swings. You are carrying the next generation in that tummy of yours. It is understandable your hormones are out of whack. And right now, you are under so much pressure because of this dinner. Look, why don't you take a nap. Let mom and the others finish up." She nods in response.

I get her tucked in bed and kiss her forehead before heading back to the kitchen. One of the Omegas took the puppies to get a bath. When she came back to the kitchen, she was soaked from head to toe. I laughed at her appearance earning a scowl from her.