CHAPTER 25

MAX

After we headed outside, people started showing up. Of course, my father wanted to introduce Cora to the pack. I was weary about it, but she didn't seem to mind. Everything was going fine until our head warrior Phares came over. The way he looked at her made my wolf uneasy. I growled my annoyance and he just smirked at me.

He just proved my suspicion; he isn't as loyal to the pack as he makes himself out to be. I will be keeping my eye on him. Frankly, in the last year we have had some complaints about him. My father has had to reprimand him a few times. He keeps this up, he will find himself in the cells or thrown out.

I went to help my father finish with the grilling, leaving Cora with Liam. Even though I was uneasy about it, I knew he wouldn't let anything happen to her. Out of nowhere, my father decided to be funny. Honestly, I wanted to smack him into next year.

"Cora is quite impressive." He smiles at me.

"I know." I was giddy all over.

He laughs. "What was the goddess thinking putting her with you? She must have been drunk that day." Asshole.

Suddenly something felt off. I searched around and saw Leah storming away from Cora. Oh, that could not have been good. That girl is crazy with a capital C. She stalks me like a shadow. She thinks because we have known each since we were kids, she should automatically be my mate. Like hell!

I would have been worried but, Liam was laughing, and Cora had a smirk on her face. Knowing how Cora has handled Cassady, I had nothing to worry about. She probably told her to go where the sun don't shine, but in her own way.

After we were done grilling, I went to grab Cora and Liam. Of course, Leah had to be seated near us. It did not take long for her to open her mouth and boy did Cora give it back tenfold. It was so bad, as in hilarious, my wolf was laughing and had tears. I feel sorry for anyone who messes with my mate. Again, note to self, don't mess with Cora.

I am not sure what happened, but when I saw Liam carting her off, she was peaked, holding her head, and was barely opening her eyes. Did I miss something?

I excused myself as soon as Liam told me Cora needed the doctor. This must be something bad. I gathered Zeke and Tiny as well. I told my father to find the doc and meet us back at the house. My mother of course ran back to the house well.

When I entered the house, she looked like shit. I wrapped my arms around her, instantly she was better. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen.

The doctor was surprised when he came in and saw Cora and me. We somewhat told him the truth about Cora, and she explained what was happening to her. He didn't seem fazed by it.

He sat on the coffee table smiling. "Honestly, I know many things, my dear child. But first tell me, what happened?" Cora looked back at him scared. What does she have to be scared about?

She looks at me with a sad smile before replying to the doctor. "I see auras. When I was yelling at that bit— sorry, girl, a few auras of the other members changed and so did their moods," she croaked out.

The doctor blinked his eyes in shock. He clears his throat asking her to continue. "When a person has bad energy, they will be black or grey. When the bad energy surrounds me, I will get bad headaches and blurry vision."

"What usually helps?" he asks.

"She usually sleeps the day away. But it has never been this bad before," Liam answers for her which she smiles back at him.