I Could Pack My Things and be Gone Before You Wake

This was inspired by La Jolla by Wilbur 😃
————

The blonde opened his eyes, being met with nothing but the familiar darkness that covered the room at that time of night.

It was another sleepless night. Another night where he pondered what he was doing with his life.

He would work for the entire day, and when he came home, his boyfriend would have made dinner already, they would eat, and then he'd go to sleep. Or at least try to sleep.

It was like that everyday. The one thing that ever made it seem worth it was Sapnap. He turned to the person sleeping next to him, listening to his quiet snores.

Sapnap always seemed happy. He hid everything behind that cheery smile of his.

Dream reached over, resting a hand on Sapnap's cheek, closing his eyes. He loved Sapnap very much, but he always had the sinking feeling that there was more for him in the world.

Would Sapnap hate him if, one day, he was gone? Dream had definitely thought about it before, getting up before the crack of dawn and then taking his suitcase and leaving.

His suitcase was always in the closet, waiting for him to make his decision.

He felt tears prick at his eyes as he thought about how Sapnap would feel. He would be heartbroken, angry even. He couldn't do that to Sapnap.

Sapnap would never hurt anyone, he doesn't deserve to be deserted like that.

But the feeling of longing for more in his life kept tugging at him. It was overwhelming. His hand left Sapnap's cheek as Dream sat up.

Dream was careful not to wake his boyfriend as he got out of bed, walking to the closet. He changed into proper clothes, pulled out his suitcase, and he was gone.

Sapnap stared at the bedroom door, blinking away his tears. He gasped for air, not realizing that he had been holding his breath.

Running a hand along his face, he closed his eyes, hoping that it was all just a nightmare, and Dream will be there when he wakes up to comfort him.

He tried his best to ignore the sound of a car engine starting up.