Let Me Help [Schlackity]

Part 2 of An Act of Self-care

I just

Enjoy them
————

The winged shapeshifter was in his room, irritable as he was struggling to pluck out his loose feathers.

The door creaked open, but Quackity was too distracted to notice.

"Quackity," Schlatt's voice finally caught his attention, "what are you doing?"

"Going through something, leave me alone."

The ram was a little surprised at the uncharacteristic coldness, and he walked over, "Do you need help?"

"No! I can do this myself, go away."

"Cranky are we?"

Schlatt reached a hand out, and Quackity backed away from the touch, "You can't touch them."

"Why?"

Quackity opened his mouth to answer, but it closed quickly the more the thought about it.

"Okay... you can help." Quackity spread his wings out again, giving them a flap to get rid of feathers that didn't need to be pulled out.

Schlatt carefully ran his hand down Quackity's wings. Fluffy. He sighed, starting to help Quackity pull out lose feathers.

Quackity hummed nervously, and then he yelped, "Ow! Don't pull out all of them!"

"Mm, sorry." Schlatt mumbled, "I'll pay more attention."

"Damn right you will!" He said with a huff, "Sorry... I shouldn't be so pressed."

Schlatt shrugged, "It's whatever, I get like that too."

"Oh really? Haven't noticed." Quackity laughed causing the president to roll his eyes.

Schlatt gave Quackity's wings a few pats before nodding, "There, I think that's all of them."

Quackity nodded, "Mhm... thanks."

"Don't worry about it. So what was that about anyway?"

"Making room for new feathers, clearly." He said, yawning and laying down on his bed, "I'm goin' to sleep now. Thanks for your help, again."

Schlatt nodded, amused at the sudden change in attitude. "Alright, I won't keep you up then.." He said, leaving the room and Quackity alone for the night.