Computer Virus: Meanwhile

I forgot I had a draft of this I was so caught up with writing other things lmao
————

Tubbo was stood in his kitchen, reaching up to the cupboards for the sugar inside.

He had his phone on the counter, propped up against the wall. He grunted, resting a knee on the counter and pushing himself up. Even from there, he still couldn't reach the sugar.

"Come on..." He mumbled. A voice cut in, and it startled him so bad he slipped off the counter.

"What are you doing?"

He laid on the ground in defeat, taking a moment to catch his breath. He was so sure that he was home alone.

Tubbo got to his feet, searching for the source of the voice, when his eyes landed on his phone screen. He had made eye contact with the figure that was on his phone.

They looked like they could he around Tubbo's age, they were blonde and had bright, blue eyes.

"What?" Tubbo reached for his phone to get a closer look.

"Hey! Stop staring and answer my question!" They shouted at Tubbo, and he nearly dropped his phone.

"What's going on??"

"I didn't say answer my question with another!" They huffed. "I asked what are you doing?"

"Well- I-I.." Tubbo stuttered, "I was about to make cookies."

"Oh, I see." They nodded, "Are you having troubles?"

"Kind of... I can't reach the sugar that's in the cupboard." Tubbo glanced up, "It's too high."

The person in his phone laughed, "Hah! Shorty!"

Tubbo's jaw gaped open, "What?? I'm not that short!"

"That's exactly what a short person would say!"

"Who are you?!" Tubbo shouted into his phone.

The person on the screen laughed for a bit longer, "I'm called Tommy!"

"What are you doing on my phone?" Tubbo asked, pressing the power button a few times, but 'Tommy' never disappeared.

"I dunno, just chilling." Tommy replied.

"Are you.. from an app?" He gasped, "Can you see what's on my phone?!"

Tommy started to laugh harder, "Oh yeah!" He nodded, "Everything. And I must say, you are a very dry texter. All messages to your mom is just 'okay.' What's with that?"

"Well- I don't know?" Tubbo sputtered at being called out. "Have you always been on my phone?"

"I guess so? For as long as I can remember."

Tubbo blinked, tapping a finger on the screen, and Tommy yelped, covering his face. "Watch it! Don't go around poking me like that!"

"Are there more things like you?"

"You are just non-stop with these questions... Not that I know of, I might be the only one for all I know!" Tommy responded, grinning.

"Huh..." Tubbo was still pretty confused, "Well... It's nice to meet you?"

Tommy nodded slowly, "Uh.. yeah, nice to meet you too."

Tubbo smiled slightly, "Do you want to help me make cookies?"

"I don't have a physical body. But... I can give you moral support!"

"Good idea!" Tubbo placed his phone down on the counter, sitting it upright so Tommy can see.

Tubbo climbed up onto the counter again, this time getting to his feet to reach the sugar. Meanwhile, Tommy shouting at him that he can do it.

Tubbo managed to grab it, and hopped off. "There!"

"Yeah!!!" Tommy cheered, "That's poggers!"

"Poggers..." Tubbo repeated, laughing, "Yeah!"

Tommy watched Tubbo closely. He's always been able to see Tubbo but was always too nervous to say anything at first.

But Tubbo seemed nice, he always thought that they were pretty similar in terms of humour. Tommy grinned at the thought of finally having a friend.

This was nice.