The Nightmare SMP: The Button Room

Ello I've been thinking about these guys a lot
————

Will was stood in the room, the room he always came back to since the day they drove Tobie out. He clenched his fists, letting out a distraught sigh.

Nightmare told him it would end things. He told him, "If you want to stop the fighting, get rid of that cursed country."

Nightmare led him to the room that had a chair in the middle, and a button on the wall. All he had to do was press it.

"The longer you take to press it, the longer the fighting will last." Nightmare said before leaving him alone.

That morning, Tobie declared war on them. He shouted from the top of the tower, "I only did what I did to protect you all!"

"By setting us up for an ambush?!" Tommie cried out, "You got us killed!" He frowned, reaching out for Tobie.

Tobie stared at Tommie, shaking his head, "I did what I had to do but... But you all threw me away without giving me the chance to explain myself!"

"So you know what?" Those words that Tobie spoke before unleashing his first attack, "Nightmare was right."

Will repeated those three words in his head the entire fight. If Nightmare was right, Will knew what he had to do.

So there he was, sitting in the button room, listening to the shouts of his friends and everyone he's ever cared about.

He took a deep breath, trying to compose himself. All he had to do was press it. Everything will be okay.

"Stop what you're doing." A voice stopped him dead in his tracks. Will took a few steps away from the button, not daring to turn around.

"I-I... It's just.."

"Don't try and come up with excuses." His father's voice was still terrifying to him. Anytime he did something wrong, he would get yelled at.

"It's not an excuse it's.." Will stammered, his gaze going to the ground, "He told me it would fox everything and... I don't want anyone to get hurt anymore."

"And what if they get hurt when you press that button?"

Will didn't think about that. If Nightmare was right, and once L'Manburg was gone, no one will get hurt anymore. "It.. it's for the best."

And with that, Will quickly pressed the button, not wanting the fighting to go on any longer.

He could hear screams of fear, and he stared out as the country blew up. He closed his eyes, fighting back tears.

Phil had gone silent. Will opened his eyes again, being met with the angry gazes of almost everyone. He could hear distinct shouting but he blocked it out when he felt a stabbing pain in his lower abdomen.

When he looked down, he was staring at the sharp end of a diamond sword. It twisted to the side and Will let out a pained cry.

He fell to the ground, the blade being removed. Though his vision was blurring, he saw everyone starting to leave.

He gasped, realizing that no one cared at all. "N-no... wait someone.." He pleaded for help, "I don't want-" He sobbed.

Phil's presence in the room was gone, and he was gone. Staring out through the hole in the wall one more time, he caught a glimpse of mint green hair.

Will reached out, knowing who it was, but all strength had left him and he fell into darkness.