Computer Virus: Part Two [Skephalo]

It's a little chilly today

Alternate title: Bad doesn't understand technology
————

A few hours passed, and Skeppy was startled by a door opening. He looked over at the door, through the screen.

The demon walked through the door, and closed it carefully behind him. "Hi, Skeppy!" He greeted cheerfully.

"Hi, Bad."

Bad walked over and sat down on his bed, "Sorry I took so long, I lost track of time." Bad carefully picked up the laptop and got cozy again, setting it down on his lap.

"Don't worry about it. Where did you go?" Skeppy asked.

"I went out with my friend Dream, and then our other friends came to join us." Bad explained, and then started to tell Skeppy what they did. "So first Dream and I went to.. uhh..." He paused to think of the word, "Mall? That's what they call it!"

Skeppy spoke up, "You don't sound very sure about that."

Bad shook his head, "No, I'm not sure." He sighed, "I don't know much about human stuff."

"Human stuff?"

"Yeah. Dream's been trying to teach me, but I just can't wrap my head around it! It's all so confusing."

"Well.. I mean, I am a computer."

Bad blinked, "Yeah? And?" He tilted his head.

Skeppy sighed in a light annoyance, "Computers can help you."

"How? I don't even know how to use it."

"Like this. Press that button." Skeppy led Bad in the general direction on the power button. Bad pressed it, and then his eyes lit up in awe.

"Whoa!" He gasped, staring at the screen.

Skeppy was a little amused at how amazed Bad was, "It's not that impressive."

"To me it is!"

"Huh.. anyway, use the trackpad to move the cursor." Skeppy explained.

"What?" Bad tilted his head, "What's a trackpad?"

"That... surface under the space— under the longest key." Skeppy pointed. Bad rested his fingers on the space bar, and then ran them down to the trackpad. "And now you can use that to move around."

Bad rubbed his finger across the trackpad, his eyes darted to the screen, distracted by the little arrow that moved around.

Bad moved the 'cursor' towards Skeppy, who jumped when it came at him. "Ah!" He yelped in surprise.

Bad giggled in response, and then continued to play around with the cursor. Soon Skeppy got his attention again, "You done?"

Bad blinked, "Oh! Sorry!" He quickly apologized for getting distracted so easily. "What now?"

"Move the cursor over there, and then double tap." Skeppy instructed, and Bad did as he was told. To his surprise, something popped up and Bad was just as amazed as he was before.

"And now you can just, type out whatever you want to know." Skeppy looked at Bad.

Bad was grinning excitedly, "I can type out a question and it will just.. tell me?"

"I guess..?" Skeppy shrugged, jumping out of the way as the cursor flew past him.

"Human technology is so interesting!" Bad said, mostly to himself. He started to press down on a couple of keys. "S... K... E..." He mumbled to himself as he typed.

Skeppy raised an eyebrow, "Are you searching my name?"

Bad nodded, smiling. Once he was done, he waited for everything to load and was met with no results. "Aw." Bad huffed.

Skeppy shrugged, "Oh well." He looked at Bad, who seemed to be distracted by the cursor again. Skeppy watched him closely, amused by Bad's awe-struck expression.

"So, Bad." Bad stopped to look at Skeppy. "You keep talking about 'human technology.' Are you not act human?" He tilted his head.

Bad shook his head, "Nope. I'm a demon."

"I see.. what are you doing with humans then?"

"All my friends are human and I just find them interesting!"

"Huh." Skeppy looked around.

Bad watched Skeppy and then asked him a question of his own, "Were you always a computer program-thing?"

"I guess so." Skeppy shrugged. "Honestly, I don't know much about myself at all."

Bad frowned, "Oh.." He looked to the side, huffing quietly. "Um.. What about that mask thing, what's that for?"

"This? I don't know."

"Can you take it off?"

"I think so." Skeppy took a deep breath, and then pulled the mask off, pulling it over his head. Once it was off, he looked at Bad.

Bad stared at Skeppy, "Whoa."

"Whoa?" Skeppy grinned slightly.

"You look pretty human to me."

Skeppy gave Bad a shy smile, "Yeah?"

Bad nodded, humming. "I think you look cute! Well.. I think most humans look cute but you're the cutest!"

Skeppy quickly got flustered, and grabbed his mask-head thing again. "I'm putting it back on."

"Noooooo!" Bad gasped, "Keep it off for a little!"

Skeppy hesitated, "Okay... fine."