You Mean More To Me Than I Do...

...Even though we both refuse to admit to our feelings.

The angel was perched on a boulder, that was sat in the middle of a grassy field, watching his demon friend practice with his sword.

Skeppy hummed, glancing up at the blue sky. He was a little surprised. He's only spent a short amount of time in the Netherworld, but from what other angels had told him, the place was supposed to be hideous.

But no, Skeppy hadn't seen a single hideous place, aside from the garbage dump he had fallen into, but we don't talk about that.

"Hey, Bad." Skeppy slid down from the boulder and approached the demon. The demon in question turned to face Skeppy.

He stared into Bad's eyes. Those eyes...

Tranquil eyes that conceal sorrow behind them...throw my heart into turmoil, more than they ought to.

Skeppy blinked himself out of his trance, focusing on what the demon was saying, "What do you want?"

A smile spread across the angel's face, "I would just like to thank you again," he began, "for getting my pendant back."

Right. Bad glanced down, staring at the pendant that hung from the angel's neck. He remembers just barely being able to grab it before it fell into a pit of lava.

The pendant that protected the angel trainee, Skeppy, from having his energy sapped away by the Netherworld.

"You know I only got it because you could give me something good in return." Bad stated, reaching his hand over, "Don't think I didn't forget."

A giggle left Skeppy's mouth, "Oh, Bad." He smiled, "I've already given it to you."

The demon blinked in confusion, staring at Skeppy through his glasses.

"Place your hand on your chest," Skeppy demonstrated, "do you feel that?" Bad followed Skeppy's movements. "That warm fuzzy feeling... That's the feeling of love beginning to blossom in your heart!"

Bad's hand dropped down to his side, "Are you kidding me right now?" He huffed, "I let myself get tricked by an angel?!" Out of his rage, his left hand burst into flames, and he sent a fireball flying across the field.

He ignored Skeppy scolding him for being so violent, as the only thing he could think of at the time was what Skeppy had said to him when they first met.

Bad had only just learned about the death of his father soon after waking from a poisoned induced sleep.

He laughed learning that his father choked on a pretzel. The angel yelled at him for laughing.

"You shouldn't laugh! You'll never see your father again! Doesn't that make you sad?" Skeppy asked, closer to tears than the demon.

Bad raised an eyebrow, "Not one bit."

Skeppy gasped at that answer, and he approached Bad, "Do demons not know what it's like to feel sad?"

He hesitated on his answer but responded with a harsh "No."

"Then... Demons don't know what it's like to feel love either!" He stated, "That's right, isn't it?"

Bad turned away, staring down at the stone ground they were stood on. "No. Demons don't feel love either!"

"Bad?" Skeppy's voice brought him back to the present, "What are you thinking about?"

Bad was silent, he wasn't angry anymore, he didn't know what he was feeling. "I'm thinking about where to drop off a lowly angel in training."

"That's so cruel!" Skeppy gasped.

"Exactly. That's how demons are." Bad motioned for Skeppy to follow him, saying something about their next stop.

Skeppy thought a lot about what Bad had said. That's how demons are. Skeppy smiled slightly, "I think you're wrong." He whispered to himself, "I think there's something you refuse to tell me."

The angel trainee started to follow his new friend, taking one last glance of the Netherworld field. "Where are we going, Bad?"

"There's a town nearby. We can stop there, get something to eat and then continue on our way back to the overlord's castle."

Skeppy smiled, falling silent as he walked. He glanced at the demon once in a while, trying to see what his expression would tell him.

But Bad had nothing but a calm expression, that would easily contort into an angry one if someone were to so much as glance at him the wrong way.

Skeppy had seen Bad smile before, but it wasn't a genuine happy smile. It wasn't a smile caused by someone telling a joke or funny story, or a smile caused by seeing someone you love after a long time.

It was a smile caused by inflicting pain on those weaker than him.

It was just too cruel.

"It's the late Overlord's son!" A voice had broken the awkward silence between the angel and demon.

Bad's gaze turned to see a horde of other demons, ready to gang up on him and claim the crown that was meant for him.

Skeppy gasped, jumping back in surprise, "Bad, there's a lot of demons!"

Bad just snickered to himself, "I was expecting some stronger looking demons to try and take me out."

Skeppy had tried to question what he meant by that, but in the blink of an eye Bad had taken out all the demons. Skeppy's mouth gaped open and he froze when he heard Bad laughing.

Bad was laughing at the demons. He was laughing at their pain. "Don't laugh!" Skeppy pleaded, "They're in pain why are you-"

"Back off, angel." Bad glared at him, "They would have easily laughed at me if they had managed to take me down. That's how things work down here."

Skeppy frowned, but dropped the subject.

Despite his name, Skeppy knew Bad wasn't a bad person—er, demon. He could tell by staring the demon in the eyes.

Bad's pushing those feelings down, something happened and Bad decided that believing that sadness and love is irrelevant.

But that's just what Skeppy thinks.

It's like I'm tied up tightly by the tendrils of love. I can't break free, no matter what spell I try.