Ghost Buddies

Shazzam, you brought this upon yourself
But thank you
––––

"Ten paces, fire!"

Tommy struggled with pulling the string of his bow back. The pressure, stress and anxiety overwhelmed him, and when he finally pulled back, and aimed for the masked man, he missed.

Tommy panicked and reached for another arrow but was stopped, dead in his tracks as an arrow shot straight through his chest. His ears started ringing, and his vision started to give out. He thought he heard someone scream his name, and he was vaguely aware of someone at his side, keeping him standing up straight.

He could barely hear the panicked voices of his friends–his family. Tommy looked up, seeing a blurry image of Tubbo. He reached out for Tubbo, but he fell to his knees, and everything went dark.

***

It was hard getting over the loss of Tommy. The first few months, Tubbo was just out of it. He barely ate, barely went outside, barely did anything but sit inside his new, temporary house and do nothing.

Dream had given up the land to L'Manberg soon after the duel, claiming he never meant to kill Tommy.

Tubbo wasn't angry with Dream, he believed him. Dream was a good person the majority of the time.

But, as time went on, Tubbo started to feel a little better. It started with Wilbur dragging him by the sleeve to go flower picking, and to give Tubbo some fresh air. They had a long talk about what happened, and Tubbo started feeling less lonely.

But, once the time of the election came around, and when Jschlatt won, banishing Wilbur. Tubbo had the smart plan to work as a spy.

Turns out, Tubbo wasn't being as sneaky as he thought, and Schlatt knew the whole time.

The day of the festival, after Tubbo's speech, he found himself trapped. Jschlatt let Tubbo know that he wasn't oblivious, he knew that Tubbo was being a spy. And then the command echoed through his head.

"Kill him right now. Right on this fucking stage."

Tubbo stared into Technoblade's eyes, his gaze unsure and scared. He tried to talk the older man out of it, but no luck. Tubbo screamed in pain as a firework rocket shot into his chest and went off. All he could see what the bright colours of the fireworks. They were pretty. So pretty. That's what Tubbo thought as everything went dark.

***

When Tubbo opened his eyes again, he wasn't on the stage, he wasn't even in Manberg. He was in the middle of a field filled with flowers of all colours. He looked around, confusedly, seeing someone sitting in the flowers a bit away.

Tubbo walked over to them and then he stopped. "Tommy?" He gasped.

"Hey, Big T!" Tommy turned to Tubbo, grinning.