Chapter 32

(This chapter is R-rated. So only read if you are above 18. It has some detailed moments so read at your own risk) 

Kavya's POV: 

"Ankur" 

That's all I could say before I saw him enter the room after slamming the door behind his back. 

"How did you get here?"

"How did you finnn..." 

I couldn't complete my sentence as I was slammed by the wall with his strong arms. Out of shock, I closed my eyes. I felt a warm, wet kiss on my neck. My heart started beating faster and faster. I could feel his quick breaths on my neck. 

A moan escaped from my mouth. He heard it because his grip got tighter. 

"Open your eyes." He commanded while his lips still remaining in touch with my neck. His lips were softly sliding through my neckline. He knew it was my weak spot... goddammit. 

I opened my eyes. He paused for a brief moment to look into my eyes. His eyes were watery, yet fierce. He was trying to look for something in my eyes. I could see his furrowed forehead from the periphery of my vision. I had so much to say but my lips were sealed by his presence. My mind calmed down from the racing thoughts and went into a deep state of quietness. His scent was working as an anecdote to my anxious, and impulsive body language. 

I rest my head on his chest. I could hear a sense of relief from Ankur. His body seemed to get calmer from the previous rage. His heartbeat was getting in sync with mine. I felt something warm on my neck and it was his tears. I glanced up and saw his face. He was tearing up, and his eyes were mushy. 

Was it all worth it? Was leaving Ankur behind worth it? Did he deserve it? Was I any different than Shefali? She left Ankur for someone else, and I did the same. Though I left Ankur for the child, I did the same thing to him. How could I be so cruel? 

"Ankur" - I whispered. 

He was quiet. He was just staring at my face. I was worrying a little about his behavior. 

"Say something" - I continued. 

He took a deep breath, stepped back a little, and then rubbed his eyes with a quick thumb stroke. 

"Kavya, is this really love?" - He asked softly. 

I couldn't utter a word and so he continued. 

"Is this love?" 

"HUH" 

"Is a relationship only worthy of love till it provides pleasures? Is it not worthy of love if hurdles stride along the path?" - He asked. 

"Ankur, I was thinking about the child" - I defended myself though somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew I was wrong. 

"Oh shut up Kavya" - He frowned his shoulders. He wasn't convinced with my answer, and trust me Ankur, I was convinced either. 

He again came closer to me. He kissed my forehead and then placed his palms on my cheeks while looking with those intense eyes. 

"Even if that child is mine, I won't let go of you. You and I have created a bond of commitment, which is not just about pleasure. It's about the bond of growing together to the state of higher sense. You understand?" - He asked softly. 

I nodded my head while getting a little intimidated by him. I won't lie but his presence and closeness were making me crave for him. 

I think he understood my eustress because he quickly came a little closer and whispered in my ears, something that made my eyelids bigger with embarrassment.