Chapter 30

Kavya's POV

The chase of desire... the chase of love... felt like an eternal and endless journey. Did I do the right thing? Did I do wrong to Ankur by leaving him at this stage? But what about that baby? Didn't he deserve a father? 

It was already getting hard to imagine life without Ankur. My heart was sobbing with pain. I was craving for his warmth, his comfort, his breath, his soothing voice, his care, his presence... 

A drop of warm tears started rolling down my right cheek. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, I am in a hotel room staring at the empty walls. I didn't know where to go or where to land and so I thought of booking a hotel until I figured where I wanted to go. Everything seemed so blank and meaningless. I just kept staring at the balcony of my hotel room with a blank face. For some reason, I was getting a strange feeling in my stomach. Was I hungry? Probably not. Even if I were to be hungry, I had no appetite left to swallow food. But something was not right. I felt strange. The balcony was giving me strange vibes and then I realized why my body was messing with me...

A glimpse of me spending my wedding night at Ankur's balcony struck hard in my mind. That night also I was alone. I had dreams, which were shattered one by one. That night, I hated everything about my life. I hated my parents for getting me married to a stranger. I hated Ankur for treating me like a nobody. I hated myself for marrying this man. Who knew that soon he would turn out to be my everything. Though I had a hard time trying to figure out why Ankur behaved so ruthlessly towards me. Who would have thought that a girl like Shefali could break his tender heart? With the thought of Shefali, I took a deep sigh. I could imagine Ankur's innocent yet stiff face. Did he deserve to be with Shefali? But then again... what about the child?

If only that child was not in the picture... 

I decided to break the chain of thoughts and take a shower. I desperately needed it to calm down my restlessness. 

Ankur's POV: 

"Hello, listen to me very carefully. I have sent you a caller ID. Trace that ID RIGHT NOW and pass me the details. It's very important. Use your contacts, do anything that you have to do to trace that caller id. Do you understand me?" 

I then slammed the phone on the car seat. I didn't know what to do, and where to go. I knew no one that she was close to. What about Abhay? That fucker! She couldn't have gone to Abhay. But what if she did? I didn't want Kavya to go Shefali's route. Not in a million times. After Shefali, Kavya was the only girl who made me believe in love. There is no way I am letting go of her, whether I have a son or not, I am not letting her go. With that thought, I raced my car to Shefali's house. I needed answers. I wanted to know what exactly had she told Kavya. Also, what about my son? What if he really was my son? Too many questions, but too little time on hands! 

Shefali's POV: 

I was never a good girlfriend, but I want to be a better mother. I want my son to have a bright future. I want him to have a name in society, just like his dad, Ankur. 

Is it too much to ask for? I might have made a mistake in understanding Ankur's love for me. Going after Neh was my biggest mistake and this time I am adamant to take my love back. I want to make up for my mistake and give my son the rights that he deserves. 

I remember, when Kavya entered through that door, I could see her bright, shiny face. She was this naive yet fierce personality with a strong-opinionated head. Will she ever let go of Ankur for my son? Did Ankur really love Kavya, or was he still in love with me? I was his first, and I am sure he must have feelings for me. How can he forget his first love so easily? Even if he has, I will make sure to remind him of our good old times. People make mistakes, and so did I. I am sure he will forgive me. He has to forgive me for our son... Our blood!