Chapter 10

Kavya's POV:

I opened my eyes to someone's groaning. Wait, where am I? Soon, images from last night flashed into my mind. I was about to turn around to see who is making that sound but I couldn't because I was into the grip of someone's arms. It was HIM. Oh god, is this some kind of a dream?

Even though I hated him, I liked the position we were in right now. One of his arms was around my waist while his other arm was under my head. Why can't all days be like this? Soon, tears started falling from my eyes at that thought. But, I knew that the minute he would open his eyes, everything would be back to its normal state. So, I decided to leave his room before he wakes up. I slowly started to get rid of his grip but as soon as I tried to move his arm, his grip got tighter on me. He was now really close to me. Our bodies were only inches apart from touching.

For some reason, instead of getting angry I was enjoying his touch on me. He was the first one to touch my body like this and have that effect on me. I don't even know when did I fall asleep again under his warmth.

Ankur's POV:

I opened my eyes to the smell of vanilla and rose - similar to the fragrance of her when I first saw her wrapped in just a towel. Soon, my head started spinning while trying to remember what happened last night. I HATE hangovers. I tried to get up from the bed but was stunned to found my body wrapped around a soft thing - wait it was not a soft thing, it was HER. What is she doing here?

She was looking peaceful and beautiful like an angel. The view of her sleeping, wrapped around my arms was astounding. All I wanted to do at this point was to make her mine, but I knew that this will never happen because she hates me. She doesn't deserve me. She deserves someone better than me, I was just a JERK! With that thought, I gave her the kiss on the forehead and left the room.

Kavya's POV:

"Mam, wake up, it's already afternoon," I heard Lisa's sound. I opened my eyes to see Lisa looking at me with a smile on her face. Immediately what happened earlier came into my mind. I turned my head to find the other side of the bed empty. He was gone! Was that really a dream?

"Where did Ankur go? " I asked Lisa while trying to wake up from the bed.

"Sir left for the office already. Get ready Mam, the brunch is ready." Lisa told me even though it sounded more like an order to me.

I then headed to my bathroom to get ready. I decided to wear business attire since I was planning to meet Brian's boss. After eating the brunch, I took a cab (definitely not HIS car) to get to Brian's company. The company was 15th-floor building, looking really magnificent and attractive from outside. As soon as I entered the building, I was greeted by the receptionist.

"Looking beautiful Mam, how may I help you today," the receptionist asked while adding extra sweetness to her voice.

"I am here to meet Mr. Brian, the marketing head," I told her my reasoning.

"Oh, you must be Kavya, right? Brian told me about your visit. Common, I will show you his office, " the receptionist said. It seemed like she knows Brian really well because she just called him by his first name.

"I am Karisha," the receptionist introduced herself when we took the elevator. After talking about some random things, we reached Brian's office. It was really big and designed in a unique way. I was soon greeted by Brian with a sweet hug.

"You are finally here, Kavya. I am glad that you made it. By the way, you look beautiful today in that business attire of yours," Brian said smiling.

"Aw, thanks, Brian. You look good too! I didn't know that you have a really great taste in interior designing, " I said while trying to compliment his office.