Chapter 8

*A little flashback:

I then entered the mansion of course to face the reality. I didn't see him so I thought maybe he must be in his room. So I quickly went to my room and decided to take a shower after the long hectic day. I then went into the bathroom to take the shower. When I came outside with a wrapped towel, What I saw shocked me.

"What are you doing here? " I asked in a shock.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ankur was chilling on my bed while reading a magazine. For some reason, seeing him laying on my bed made me happy inside. Why can't all days be like these? He looked at me when I suddenly asked him that question.

"Do you only know the language of anger? " He asked smirking making no attempt to get up from my bed. I rolled my eyes at me.

"Do you not know the language of knocking the door before entering someone's room? Learn to respect someone's privacy. I could have been naked for god's sake" I snapped, looking straight at him with daring eyes.

"Oh I would love to see you like that, " He said with a wink. OMG, look at his guts! He is just unbelievable. I quickly went near the bed and tried to pull him out of the bed, applying as much force as I can.

"Woah, chill what are you doing? " He said while still smiling but cooperating with my efforts. What was wrong with him? I mean he was all of a sudden behaving very friendly to me. Something is definitely fishy, Kavya - I thought.

"Get straight to the point and tell me what you want from me," I barked at him while trying to tighten my towel around my body. He looked at my actions with lustful eyes.

"That's my girl - straight to the point!" He said dramatically. He is really in a good mood today, I wonder why?

He continued, "One of the dad's closest friends, Mr. Dadlani has thrown a party tonight to celebrate our recently built partnership. He has invited both of us as a couple. This party is really important for our company and I don't want anything to go wrong. So, I hope you will take that into consideration and will be ready by 7 P.M. "

Woah, so now I am going to follow his orders? I really wanted to say him no at that time, but just for the sake of mom and dad, I decided to go with the flow. I mean it was just a party, right?

"Fine, I will be ready by 7 P.M, " I said while avoiding his face. He was still standing there so I looked up. He was looking surprised and confused by my reply. I think he was expecting me to refuse and argue at his proposal.

"I am coming just for the dad's sake. So don't flatter yourself," I said.

He opened his mouth to say something but then he just nodded and left. What the hell is wrong with him? A minute ago, he was all cheerful and now he turned weird again. I diverted my mind from his thoughts and decided to focus on my party outfit. I quickly opened my closet to look for the party dresses. I didn't know the dress code for the party and since that devil didn't tell me about the dress code either, I decided to wear something casual. My eyes suddenly landed on the black sleeveless dress. It had a lace border and was touching my body right above my knees.

I finally got dressed up and did some light makeup on me. Now, I was all ready to go to the party with the devil. I giggled a little, at that thought. Soon, someone knocked at my door. It was Lisa to inform me that he is waiting for me in the car. I felt really bad for my behavior with Lisa, the other day. So, I quickly apologized to her before leaving for the party.