Chapter 31

Kavya's POV: 

Taking a long warm shower didn't help because I was feeling drowsy from overthinking and tiredness. It has been 4 hours since I left Ankur's house, and I knew that Ankur would be trying his best to find me. I wanted him to find me, but then again I kept reminding myself about the reason why I left him in the first place. Ankur's son deserved the love of both his mother and father. I didn't want his son to hate me when he grew up. 

Moreover, a kid's childhood plays an important role in how his adulthood would transition into. I wanted him to have a supportive, and healthy environment. My presence would have ruined it for the kid. I had to become tougher... at least for the sake of that kid's future. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, but destiny has other plans lined up for you. 

With that thought, I took the purse that was lying lifelessly on the corner of my hotel bed. I took out my phone and glared at the screen. It was off. I had switched it off, but I knew that I had to go untraceable. It's not hard for a rich person like Ankur to find me. 

I destroyed the sim card and phone. I started digging my purse again in the hope of finding something. Just anything... Came across, Brian's card. The card that he had handed me when we had met at the beach. The reason why I joined Abhay's company in the first place. I hadn't talked to him much after I quit the workplace. I used the hotel's phone to call Brian. As I heard the phone ringing, my forehead started sweating. Perhaps, I didn't know what to tell Brian. So much had happened and I felt guilty also for not staying in touch with him. After all, he has helped me a lot in getting accustomed to my new workplace. 

My chain of thoughts was distracted when I heard brian's voice coming through the phone. 

"Hello," I heard. 

"Hey, Brian. It's me, Kavya!" I said softly while trying to swallow. 

"Kavya?" 

"Whose no is this? Where are you? Are you okay?" He said all at once in one breathe. 

"I am lost..." That's all I could say before I burst into tears and started choking on my own words. 

"Hey, hey, hey... relax. Take a big breath. First of all, tell me if you are safe," said brian. 

I took a deep breath, wiped my tears, and told Brian about everything. He listened patiently without any interruptions. 

When I was done talking, he asked me a simple question. 

"So, how can you be sure that the kid is Ankur's?" 

I startled. I was taken aback. Perhaps, I never thought about it. But, with the confidence, Shefali had told me everything, I was convinced that the kid was Ankur's.  

"Shefali was confident, and plus the kid looked like Ankur..." I said with a little doubtful voice. Suddenly, I felt a current of shivers in my body. What if the kid was not Ankur's? The possibility of again spending my life with Ankur made me smile. 

"Kavya, I can't believe you are a fucking business graduate, yet took someone's words at a face value," said Brian. He was mad at me for believing Shefali and taking decisions at the speed of light. 

"Brian, I... erm... what if..." I startled. I didn't know what to say further. 

"Kavya, listen to me. Where are you? Let me come and talk to you in person, alright?" 

"Send me the address, I am coming there..." Brian continued. 

I nodded my head in agreement. Though he couldn't see that nod through the phone, and I didn't know why I did that (haha). I then gave him the address and ended the call. 

Phew. Calling Brian helped. I was happy... what if Shefali was lying? How can I fall for her tactics? What if she lied to get back to Ankur? I was so fucking ready to give her Ankur on a decorated plate. I felt dumb. 

If Shefali lied about her son, then she better watch out for herself. It would be the worse nightmare of her life. 

Ankur's POV: 

After leaving Shefali's house, I had no choice left, but to collect my thoughts and find Kavya. She is an emotional girl with a child's heart. I know how bad she must have felt after meeting Shefali. Her over-the-top emotional side always attracted me to her. It showed how caring, sensitive, and innocent she was. There is no way I would let anyone...ANYONE in this world hurt her. More than anyone, I didn't want me to be the reason for her tears. I wanted to fix everything so badly. Missed her aroma... her chuckles...her smile... 

I was so lost in the thoughts, that I didn't hear my phone ringing. It took me a few seconds to notice it. I looked at the screen and hoped that it was Kavya. To my dismay, it was the guy whom I had asked to find details about Kavya's whereabouts. There was HOPE. I quickly collected myself and picked up the call. 

"Did you find anything?" I asked. 

Kavya's POV

After taking shower, I hadn't put on clothes. I was still roaming in my bathrobe. Perhaps, I just didn't feel like opening my suitcase and taking out clothes from it. It reminded me how distressed my life had become. But Brian was coming to meet, and so I had no option, but to open my suitcase and find something decent to wear. I mean I can't roam around in a bathrobe in front of him lol. 

After gathering the required energy needed to open the suitcase, I pulled out the suitcase from the floor and carefully landed it on the bed. I then took a sigh, and gradually started opening the suitcase. It was so quiet in my room that I could hear the noise of the Zipper. I slowly wrapped my hand around it and pulled it all the way towards the end of the suitcase. 

There... my entire life in front of me. My life had become that suitcase - A mess. 

I knew what I wanted to wear. I quickly skimmed through my suitcase to look for the thing that I wanted. After shuffling a thing or two, I finally found it. 

I took it out of the suitcase. It was a white shirt. CORRECTION - it was a white shirt of Ankur's. I brought it close to my nose and sniffed it. I could smell his aroma. His cologne. 

After taking another big sigh, I put on the jeans and this white shirt. Though it was a little over-sized for me, and so I tried tucking it loosely and rolled my sleeves. I looked in the mirror to make sure that I don't look like a clown. 

Okay, to be honest...I was looking decent. 

I then sat on my bed, while trying to look outside the balcony. For some reason, my heart was beating so fast. I didn't know why. Was it because I was wearing Ankur's shirt and it was making me feel closer to him? Or was it because I was feeling alone and lost in life? 

"Urghh Brian, just come already" I muttered in between my teeth. 

"Ring Ring" - I heard the hotel phone. 

Thinking of Brian living for 100 years, I picked up the phone. 

"Hello, mam. This is from the reception speaking. You have a guest with the name-" 

Before the receptionist could finish, I quickly interrupted, "Yeah, please guide him to my room." 

I just wanted Brian to come already and guide me through this problem. 

"Okay. Thank you mam for the confirmation." The phone ended. 

Within a few minutes, the doorbell rang. I quickly went to the door and opened it in a full swing. 

I looked up and there... stood a tall, familiar figure with a stern face. 

"Ankur" 

That's all I could say before I saw him enter the room after slamming the door behind his back.