Chapter 28

"Shefali came at my office like a week ago and told me that I am the father of her child, I didn't believe her at all. She said that she is saying the truth so I asked her about Neh, my best friend with whom she ran away. She said that they separated their ways a long time ago and she was pregnant before she started having a sexual relationship with Neh," Ankur said.

"How is that possible, she hasn't been with you for a long time now and then one day she comes in and says that you are the father of her child?" I shouted while rubbing the tears off my cheeks.

"Babe, calm down please," Ankur said while holding my arms.

"The fuck I will calm down when you tell me what's going on," I said while taking his hands off my arm. I was really pissed at the whole situation.

"Even I don't know what's going on. I freaking used the condom every time," He said while rubbing his hand on his hair.

More and more tears started falling from my eyes at the mention of him having sex with her. This is it, I can't let myself be hurt all the time. I need to end this, like right now!

"Ankur, I have had enough of this. You should be with her and take care of her child. I feel like I am standing as an obstacle in between these problems," I said.

"Shut up okay, you are not in your right mind right now babe, please don't think too much. Everything will be okay, trust me!" He said while pulling me forcefully into a hug. I didn't resist this time as I much-needed his warmth.

"Ankur, what if that child is really yours?" I asked with a panicked face and a shaky voice.

"Kavya, that can't happen. I am pretty sure, she is lying about it," Ankur said while gently rubbing my back.

"Ankur, what if she is not? What will happen to us?," I asked. He didn't say anything instead kept on caressing my back.

"You need sleep baby, common let's go home! Don't overthink okay?" He finally said while leading me to the car. I didn't say anything on our way to the mansion. Ankur kept on caressing my fingers the whole time. He was also looking at me once in a while to make sure that I am okay. But, the damage was done already. Even, he knew that there is nothing that he can do to make me feel better.

When we reached the mansion, I said, "Ankur I want to sleep in my bedroom. I need my space for now." I then went to my bedroom and locked it without waiting for his answer.

I went into the bathroom and looked at myself. It was a different Kavya standing in front of me. She was looking messed up both from the inside and outside. Shefali's words were constantly playing in my mind. The girl in the mirror was laughing at me!

Anger suddenly aroused me and I quickly took the flower vase that was standing on the cabinet and threw it hard on the mirror. Within seconds, pieces of glass shattered on the floor but that didn't stop that girl from laughing.

"JUST STOP!" I shouted at those voices. I had no idea what was going on with me!

"Kavya, you okay?" Suddenly I heard banging at the door.

"Leave me alone!" I said.

"I am not leaving you alone. Just freaking open the door and let me see you. I need to see you Kavya, I need to make sure you are okay," He said while still banging at the door.

I didn't say anything instead just went to the balcony and started staring at the stars.

"I swear, I will break the door," He shouted again. I didn't reply.

"That's it" - that is all I could hear, before the crashing sound of the door, and Ankur entered the room with a panic face. He looked around and when he found me standing on the balcony, he took a deep breath.