Chapter 16

"Kavya, we are going to Chicago for a business deal and not for a picnic," Abheer said with a shocked expression when he saw my suitcases.

Currently, we were at the airport, checking in the handbags and stuff before the flight. It was 9:00 AM in the morning and our flight was at 10:00 AM so we were pretty much on time.

"Abheer, I know it's a business deal and not a PICNIC," I said while showing the quotation mark with my hands on the word picnic.

"Oh really? I must wonder how your picnic looks like!" He said while clearly complaining about my suitcases. I mean I just had two suitcases and it's not a lot, right?

" I wonder how your picnic looks like as well," I said while Mocking Abheer. He was just carrying a mini suitcase with him.

So this is how my day started. I woke up early to get ready for the flight. When I left, I didn't see Ankur at all which I was thankful for and now I was on the flight with Abheer. My seat was right next to Abheer so I had no choice but to sit with my boss whom I kissed. How more awkward can it be?

"So have you ever been to Chicago before?" Abheer asked while looking at me. His hazel eyes were quite attractive I would say.

"No, not really!" I said while ignoring his stare and looking at the window. Thank god I got the window seat. He didn't ask anything more and just remained silent afterward. I soon fell asleep.

"Wake up Kavya, we are almost here and you need to eat something," Abheer said while lightly tapping my shoulder. I quickly opened my eyes to see those beautiful hazel eyes in front of me.

I quickly went to the restroom and got freshened up. I was feeling relaxed after a good nap. I then went back to my seat. Abheer gave me a sweet smile and then focused back on his laptop. I started eating the food, even though I wasn't really hungry.

"So you had a good nap?" Abheer asked while I was sipping the juice from the can like a kid.

"Yup!" I said with the pop sound. He just nodded. I then spent my rest of the time reading magazines and staring at the window. Soon, after a good 8 hours, we finally reached our destination. After checking out from the airport, we headed towards the parking lot. It was pretty sunny outside and I was happy for it. The weather was way better than London.

We then got into the rented car and headed for the hotel. The streets were full of beautiful malls, coffee shops, and restaurants. I made a mental note to buy something for Karisha, Brian and Lisa. After spending a good 15 minutes in the car, we finally reached the hotel. The hotel was really lavish.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you that we are sharing the room," Abheer said.

"Wait, what? " I said with a shocked face. I cannot share the room with him, especially after that kiss incident.

Suddenly I heard someone laughing. It was Abheer who was laughing like a kid right now. I gave him a confused look.

"Relax, Kavya! I was just kidding, but look at your face," Abheer said while still laughing. Oh my god just kill me already. I made such a fool out of myself.

"Stop it Abheer," I said while holding my laugh and heading towards my room.

My room was right beside Abheer's room. It was pretty big and had a great balcony view. After unpacking my stuff, I went to take a warm shower. It's been a long day now. After cleaning myself, I wore the bathrobe and came outside while murmuring the song.

I was about to take off my bathrobe when I noticed someone's presence in my balcony. I went towards the balcony and was shocked to see Abheer standing there with a cup of coffee.