Chapter 17

(Kavya's dress in the party)

We were currently at Mr. Erickson's charitable event/party. It was for the foster care organizations. Everyone was in their black attire enjoying the party and donating to the event. Abheer was talking to other businessmen and so I excused myself and went to the pool area which had a mini garden at the side. While I was exploring the nature, I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see a beautiful woman in a black dress.

"You must be Kavya right?" She said while giving the most beautiful smile ever.

"Yes, I am Kavya. How do you know me?" I asked with a smile.

"Oh dear, Eric told me about you." I was still confused.

"He is my husband and I am Laura" She laughed while clearing my confusion.

"Nice to meet you, Laura, you are looking beautiful tonight," I said while giving her a hug. She then introduced me to her friends and we were enjoying each others company. I became good friends with Laura and Evelyn. Evelyn was also working as the business head in Chicago and quite talkative as I would say. We were enjoying our talk when I heard Evelyn saying, "guys look at that hot piece who just entered the party." I looked to see none other than Ankur.

"He is so hot, isn't it Kavya?" Evelyn asked while still staring at Ankur.

"You are impossible," I said while nodding my head. Deep down I felt good when she said that because Ankur was my husband and girls were crazy about him, but at the same time, I felt sad knowing the fact that he was not mine. I was not even allowed to reveal our relationship. For others, he was still that handsome unmarried guy!

"Kavya, she is like this only" Laura said while smirking at Evelyn, who was now giving a pitying look.

"What's cooking ladies?" Mr. Erickson asked while giving a kiss to Laura. They were looking so cute together.

"Oh dear, nothing much! Just the usual girly stuff," Laura said.

"Do you mind dancing with me?" Mr. Erickson asked Laura. She blushed and then nodded yes. Soon, they were on the dance floor dancing romantically. Others joined them on the dance floor as well.

"Wish I could dance with that hot guy," Evelyn said while pouting her lips. I felt a bit jealous when she mentioned about dancing with Ankur. I then ordered another drink while watching the dance of Mr. Erickson and Laura. Ankur didn't notice me yet, which I was thankful for. Abheer was busy talking to his clients and so here I was having a drink with Evelyn and thinking about my life. I had no idea where I stood in the life of these people.

"So you don't have a boyfriend?"Evelyn asked. From where did that question come from?

"No missy, I don't have a boyfriend!" I said.