Chapter 11

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. Today was going to be my first day at work and I was really excited about it. I quickly took a shower and got ready. I looked into the mirror to do the last minute checkup on me, I was wearing camel blazer, white button up, dark skinny jeans, and camel heels. I was looking quite professional and that's what you should look like on your first day of work right?

I quickly went downstairs to eat breakfast. Oh shit! I saw Ankur eating breakfast on the dining table. What is he doing here? Usually, he goes to the office early. Now, I had no choice but to eat breakfast in his presence because I was already getting late for the office.

"Lisa, common hurry up, I am getting late dear!" I said sweetly while trying to avoid his gaze on me.

"Mam, just give me a minute!" Lisa said from the kitchen. I just sat there staring at my plate, trying to avoid his presence. Oh GOD, why did I kiss him last night? It's so awkward now.

"Good morning!" All of a sudden I heard his voice.

I looked up to double check if he was greeting me or someone else because there is no way that he would greet me. Well, he was looking at me so I guess he greeted me.

"Good morning!" I stammered. Oh god, why does he have that effect on me?

"You look good today!" He said while smirking at me. Such a player!

"Well, you look good too," I said while trying to mock him. He looked surprised by my response and just nodded his head.

Soon, my breakfast arrived, thank god. I was really hungry, so while ignoring his presence I started eating my food. I must admit that Lisa is a great cook.

"Mam, what would you like me to cook for lunch?" Lisa asked while serving Ankur his black coffee.

"I would not be here for lunch today in fact from now onward don't make lunch for me on weekdays, " I said while trying to chew my food.

She just nodded and left. I looked up to see Ankur giving me a glare. What is his problem? I rolled my eyes at him and started eating.

"Don't do that!" He spat.

I gave him a look of "what now".

"Yeah, don't roll your eyes at me, honey," he said while winking.

"Aww, you are not used to girls giving you that kind of look?" I said while showing my pity face.

"Oh babe, want me to tell you what else do girls give me? " He said while smirking. He is such a jerk!

"No thanks, I think someone has told me to not interfere. So I would love to eat my breakfast and not INTERFERE," I said while putting more emphasis on the last word just to see his annoying face.

"That's right, I am glad you remembered, " He said giving me a bitchy face.

"Whatever!" I said while rolling my eyes. That's how I and Ankur had breakfast today. Wasn't it great?

While I was waiting for my cab outside the mansion, I saw Ankur going towards one of his cars. He looked at me and said, "You know you can use one of my cars. All you have to do is say- PLEASE."

"That is not happening Mr. Ankur,"I shouted at him.

"Alrighty Missy, as your wish," He then left in one of his luxurious cars. He is so arrogant!

Soon my cab arrived and I reached the office in about 20 minutes. As soon as I reached the office, I was greeted by Karisha, the receptionist. She showed me my office and gave me some information on the clients that the company was dealing with at the moment. I immediately started my work by doing the background check on these clients. I then made a list of the potential clients that can be beneficial to our company.