Chapter 9

It's been a week now past that incident which I will never forget in my life. We haven't seen each other for a week now. I locked myself in the room to avoid him. Lisa would bring the food and other necessary items in my room. It's been a week since I isolated myself from the world. He also never attempted to talk to me or see me since that incident. I don't know if I should be happy about it or sad. One part of me is happy because he is minding his own business and not interfering but one part deep down inside me wants him to be with me, wants him to take me in his warmth telling that everything will be okay. Soon, tears started rolling down my cheeks.

This is what I have been doing this whole week - thinking about my messed up life and crying again and again over it.

"Tic, tic" I looked at my phone's screen, it was a text from Brian asking me if I was okay or not. I just stared at the screen not sure whether to text him back or not. Then I decided to tell him about my marriage. It wasn't fair for him to be unaware of my marriage. Maybe, after knowing the truth, he will automatically stop talking to me - I thought. Either way, it was my duty to tell him the truth as a friend.

So I texted him back ,

* "I am good Brian, thanks for asking. Do you think we can meet today? I really want to tell you something important. "

He texted me saying,

* "Sure Kavya, we can meet for the lunch today at the same place we had lunch when we first met! In fact, I also have something to tell you."

I replied with a sigh,

* "Okie sure, will be there at 1. "

I quickly stood up from the bed, took a shower and got ready. This was the first time in a week that I was actually stepping outside of the mansion. Soon, cold breeze of air touched my body! I was feeling good while admiring the beautiful natural scenery around me. I wasn't going to use HIS car, so I decided to take a cab. In about less than 15 minutes, I reached the restaurant. Brian was already sitting there. When he saw me, he greeted me with a warm hug.

"Kavya, how have you been? " Brian asked excitedly.

"Uhmm, good! How about yourself? " I asked nervously. I didn't know why I was so nervous around him.

"Kavya, I am good and will be perfectly fine soon when I share some good news with you!" Brian literally shouted with excitement. Everyone around glared at us. Brian gave an apologetic smile and then continued.

"Remembered the business deal I was talking about at the party?" He said. Well, how can I forget that party! I just nodded at his question and so he continued.

"Well, I shared the suggestions you gave me with the CEO of my company and he really liked it, so he affirmed me to take actions according to your suggestion and it worked. We finally got the deal which was targeted for almost 2 years now." He said patting my back bravely.

"Woah, that's cool. I am happy for you and your company!" I said.

"Nah that's not enough! My boss really wants to meet you in person to thank you. Common don't say no Kavya, you have to meet him." Brian pleaded with his puppy face. I couldn't help it but say yes to his request.

"Fine, I will send you the address. Come by whenever you are free." Brian said. He seemed really happy.

"By the way, how was the party? Hope you weren't bored after I left." Brian said teasing me. I need to tell him the truth before it's too late.

"Soon, after you left, I and my husband also left the party," I said cautiously waiting for his response.

He looked shocked as soon as he heard "husband". Soon, he changed his expression from shocked to the excitement. I can tell that he was forcing himself to show the excitement. I know I might have broken Brian's heart but it was necessary to do.

Soon, we finished our lunch trying to talk about different topics. Brian talked awkwardly, though. I won't blame him because it was my fault to tell him the truth in this way. After our awkward lunch meeting, we said goodbyes to each other.

"Don't forget to come to our office tomorrow, Kavya," He reminded while leaving. I nodded at him and then took the cab.

When I entered the Mansion, I saw Lisa working in the kitchen. She took a great care of me past week when I was not in my senses and I was really thankful to her for that. I went to my bedroom and decided to take the bubble bath - my favorite.

After getting freshen up, I started watching TV. I didn't realize how long I was watching TV until I heard the crashing of glass on the floor following a loud voice, "Lisa, get out of my way!"

It was him. Why was he shouting on Lisa? What was that noise? I quickly went downstairs to see what happened. I was shocked at what I saw.

He was drunk! His eyes were red, and his hair was messy. He was looking really tired. Lisa was trying to help him but he was telling her not to! Of course, he will, since he is a devil.

"Lisa, I said get out. Your job is done for tonight. Now leave me alone. I don't need anyone's help." He said while trying to balance himself. That dude clearly needs help. Lisa looked at me with a confused face. I nodded at her and signed her to leave. She then quickly left.

He was trying to walk with steady legs which was nearly impossible to do because he was clearly drunk. I went near him to help but he gave me a glare.

"Listen, Mister, I know you are capable on your own, but this time you definitely need help. Now keep your attitude in your pocket and let me help," I said while trying to hold him. He looked at me with shock but didn't resist my help.

We finally reached his bedroom. I carefully laid him down on the bed, then took off his shoes and socks to make him comfortable. I was debating on whether to take his suit off or not, then I finally decided to take it off because it might suffocate him. So I quickly went closer to him and was about to remove his suit when he asked, "What are you doing? "

I nodded my head and said, "Relax, just taking your suit off so you can feel comfortable. Also, you are safe with me! "

He chuckled and said looking at my eyes, "You have a smart mouth, girl! I wonder when will I ever be able to shut that smart mouth of yours. "

I just smiled. He smiled at me too. Wait, did the devil just smile? It was the first time when I saw him smiling. He was looking really cute. Wait, he has dimples? OMG, I didn't even notice the dimples on his cheeks until he smiled. Those dimples were making him look more sexy and hot.

I closed his eyes and told him to sleep. He did like I say. I was about to leave his room when he held my wrist. I turned around to see that his eyes were still close, "Don't leave me!" He whispered with closed eyes.

I didn't know what to do so I finally sat near him waiting for him to fall asleep so I can go to my bedroom. But before I could do that, I fell asleep too. Yes, you are right, I fell asleep in his bed with HIM!

Author's note: So guys aren't you excited to find out what will happen when Kavya and Ankur will wake up in the same bed?

Next chapter coming up soon...!

Till then vote and comment. Share it so other people can also know about the story.

Thank you! love Y'all.