CHAPTER 22

Mike's POV

We're here at the library. I don't know why she wants to talk to me in private.

'Did she already know that I receive a threat?'

"Why do you want to talk to me?"I asked her.

"I thought you already know?"she asked back.

"Is it because you already know that I receive a threat?"I asked once again.

"What do you think? You already know that Ronalyn receive a threat from a person who's obsessed with you until....now. I won't tell who it was because I know you'll defend her. Saying that she's not a part of it. Saying that she can't do that"she answered emphasizing the word 'she', 'her' and 'it'.

"What do you mean by 'she'?"I asked her confusedly.

"If I tell you who it was,are you gonna believe what I say?"she asked me back that made me think of it.

"I take that as a 'no'. You won't believe me if I tell you what her name is"she said once again.

"The threat"I suddenly blurt out.

"What about that?"she asked.

"The threat that I receive. Do you know who it was?"I asked her.

"Obviously"she simply answered.

"Who it is? Is it a 'she' or 'he'?"I asked again.

"It's a he"she answered that made me shock. I remember what Kevin told me about the number.

"I really don't know who it was! I'm not sure if it's his number!"

"The 3 last number is familiar, it has the same number on him!"

"What is his name? Is it Nicolai Ramos?"I asked her that made her shock a little bit.

"How did you know Nicolai?"she asked confusedly.

"Kevin said to me but not only me, the other know who he was except for Ace and the girls"I answered.

"Why did he tell you?"she asked again that made me nervous.

"He said that the last 3 numbers of that 'unknown' has the same in Nicolai's number"I said nervously.

"Give me your phone"he command so I hand her my phone. She see what's inside of the text. After a minute or two,she hand me back my phone.

"Kevin is right the last 3 numbers are familiar"she said.

"Is it Nicolai?"I asked her again. I want to know if this unknown is Nicolai. I don't him to steal Ronalyn away from me but.....why did Claude kissed Ronalyn?

"Maybe yes,maybe no"she answered. I sighed in frustration

"You're frustrated! You're craving to know who it was but....I won't tell you who it was. I don't want you to interfere"she seriously said on me.

"But why? I'm the one who got threatened"I said on her.

"Because It's my fault"she said that made me confused at the same time shocked.

"It's my fault because you all got threatened. It's all my fault. Before I came into your lives, your lives are not miserable until I came, I made your lives miserable. So you better not interfere what I'm gonna do"she said.

"It's not your fau-"I didn't finished my sentence because she cut me.

"It's my fault,Mike. From the start it's all my fault. It's mine and not your's or the other's fault"she said on me.

"But...you always protecting us even if it cause of your life. You always thinking our safety. You didn't even think about your safety"I said on her.

"I don't care about my safety, Mike. All I care is yours and the others safety. I can endure it. If protecting you is cause of my suffering, I won't stop. I won't stop wether you like it or not" she said on me.

"But...we're making you suffer. What if you suffered because one of us got hurt by your enemy?"I asked her.

"Then it's alright! I can endure it. I won't let them hurt you"she answered politely.

"Danna....your the who will suffer,so please protecting us,we can handle it. We can protect ourselves"I begged on her.

"Mike,don't beg on me to stop protecting all of you because I can't do that. I will protect all of you like what I promised. Stop begging on me,Mike" she said.

"Danna...I'm a guy, I can protect myself. So please stop"I begged again. She sighed.

"If that is what you want then I'll stop but.....don't you even dare to ask me for help. You can protect yourself right? Then protect yourself if that is what you want"she said before she stand up and walk away. She left me here dumbfounded.

"All I just want is to stop you from protecting us because you already have done so much for us"I whispered on myself before I became silent. I stayed here until I feel someone tap my shoulder so I turn around to see who it was. It's Kevin and France.

"What are you doing here?"I asked them,they didn't respond but they sit in the vacant chair.

"We hear all of those"Kevin said after he sit.

"What? Why are you listening?"I asked again.

"Nothing"they both said.

"Why did you say that on her? Why do you want her to stop protecting us?" France said.

"Because she already have done too much on us"I answered.

"You have a point. But telling her to stop is wrong"Kevin said.

"We know that we're a guy and Danna is a girl but...you can't blame her if she want to protect us. That's what she want. Yes your right,she already have done too much on us. We can't protect ourselves without her. She's the one who's good on fighting. Think of this, Mike. What if you got into a fight and your competitor have a weapon and you haven't,your competitor can kill you by using a weapon. Your not good at using any weapon,Mike not only you but most of us didn't know how to use a weapon" France said on me that made me think of it.

"Yes, we can protect ourselves but not everytime we can protect ourselves" Kevin said.

"She didn't care if she's already suffering,all she care is our safety" France said.

"How can I apologize on her?"I asked them.

"You don't need to apologize on her. Even you told her to stop she won't stop"Kevin said while smiling.

"Can I ask again?"I said. They just nod in respond.

"Is it true that Maia is the one who threatened Ronalyn yesterday?"I ask.

"Maybe yes,maybe no. Mike,Maia already change. She's not the girl we used to know before. You know that her family has a secrets. She didn't even tell you their secrets"France said.

"Danna is the only one who can answer that but....I know she won't tell us who it was"Kevin said. We stayed in silent until my phone vibrates. I took out to see who it was.
It's 'unknown' again.

Unknown:
It seems that you already have a clue who I was. Hmmm! Let's see if you can protect yourself and Ronalyn!

Mike:
Who really are you?

Unknown:
You will gonna know me soon! So be careful and I'll give you a clue. I'm a guy who's gonna steal Ronalyn away from you!

'Threatened? Again?' I asked to myself.

"Who texted you?"France asked me.

"It's......."

To be continued