- Part 4

Ayaza and Ryuzaki were in a forest clearing offshoot from the festival grounds.

"Long story short, I need free labour."

Ayaza stared at Ryuzaki blankly.

"No way, no, way, no way. You'll overwork me to death! I've heard the horror stories from Inu!"

"Huh? Are you stupid? I'm not asking you to help out."

"You aren't?"

"No, I need you to revive two people for me."

"Hang on, you want me to revive two people? Did I hear you right?"

"Yes, you did. Call them Ryuzaki Alters 1 and 2. While your ass was busy being edgy and trying to revive a God of Destruction, I was doing the important jobs, like watching my sister and Payic butt it out like it was Keijo."

"You have a sister?"

"That's the first Alter we're reviving. Ryuza Mikazuchi!"

"You're kidding me... there's no way I'm reviving another person, reviving the people Backlion killed already halved my lifespan seven times. Another two makes it nine! I'd die at the same age as you guys!"

"I see that as a dub. You don't have to be sad about everyone else's death if you die first."

"That's... strangely nihilistic. Anyways, I'm still not doing it. Reviving people willy-nilly is a stupid idea, and I know you know that too."

"Oh yeah, we shouldn't bring back dead people for fun, but this is actually important."

"Can't you hire some dude off a street? It worked out really well for you last time."

"I'm a lucky man, but I'm not hedging my bets again when this festival is really important. I need people I can trust. And who better to trust than yourself? Twice even!"

"I'm going."

"If you do this for me, I'll buy you a life time supply of flapjacks. Final offer."

"Forget it, I have a job with my own disposable income now."

Ayaza turned around to walk away, but Ryuzaki smirked.

"What if I told you I know you smuggled an illegal immigrant into the USR once? You owe me one for that."

"And if I refuse?"

"I'll call border control. Not any border control, but Cray border control. I'll get you deported back to your home planet."

Ayaza turned back around and sighed disparagingly.

"Fine... do you have any item related to Ryuza I can use?"

"No, why?"

"I need to use "proof" of their existence as a base to revive them. Think of it like a source of origin so their souls can come back into the living realm."

"Oh, good thing Inu simped for my sis then. Just a sec."

Ryuzaki put two fingers in his mouth and whistled. Inu came rushing over.

"Ryuzaki, what's up?"

"...you're just like a dog!"

"Shut up, you're a literal dragon!"

"Do you still have Ryuza's hair by any chance?" Ryuzaki asked.

"Huh? Yeah, I keep it in my back pocket so I can sniff it whenever Riku breaks up with me."

"You dirty mutt... can I borrow it?"

"No fucking chance. This is my treasure! If you want your smoking hot sister's hair, you should've thought about taking a sample before we killed her!"