#25: Unwanted Allies

Wyvon's scream worsened.

"How would you like it if everyone judged you on your past?"

"HOW... HOW COULD YOU LET HIM BE APART OF THE GROUP WHEN YOU KNOW I AM AS WELL." Wyvon roared in Ryuzaki's direction, holding his head as his body shivered. "HOW COULD YOU BE SO THOUGHTLESS? YOU KNOW JUST AS WELL AS I DO HE IS NOT ONE TO BE TRUSTED!"

"How would you like it if you were outcasted and left for dead by everyone?"

"Wyvon, let me explain," Ryuzaki started as Wyvon began screaming at Ryuzaki again.

"WHAT IS THERE TO EXPLAIN OTHER THAN THAT YOU'RE A TERRIBLE PERSON?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS? IS IT BECAUSE YOU SPITE ME, OR WANT TO TORTURE ME? OR ARE YOU BLISSFULLY UNAWARE OF OUR PAST, AND CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO DOUBLE CHECK HIS HISTORY EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DO THAT!"

"How would you like it if you destroyed two people's lives?!"

"...I'm fully aware of what Max has done." Ryuzaki said. "I was there too, y'know."

"THEN WHY WOULD YOU ALLOW IT? WHY, WHY, WHY! I HATE YOU! I FUCKING HATE YOU!"

"And how would you like it to see your victims right now... suffering because of you... and knowing that you won't ever fix what you did wrong, because what you did was unforgivable..."

"The feeling's mutual..." Ryuzaki rolled his eyes, sighing at Wyvon.

"...I'm going to take my leave." Max said, turning towards the door.

"No... you are not. You're going to stay here whether Wyvon likes it or not." Ryuzaki commanded.

"Wyvon..." Rino said, gently removing Wyvon's hand from his head. He held onto them tightly. "Please stop... I don't like that he's here either but... listen to reason, please? For me."

"...fine..." Wyvon said, huffing. Ryuzaki clapped at Rino.

"How impressive-"

"Explain." Rino said sternly. "You better give us a good reason."

"Don't worry, I have a good reason." Ryuzaki said, looking at everyone. "Things are tense, I see."

"S-sop stalling..." Rino said with soft fragility.

"Why did I recruit Max? Because there are three reasons. First reason: He uses a Maganicalla deck. Second reason: We need more people for this search. Third reason: To burn the grudges that lie between all of you and him. Some of you might be thinking, "has Ryuzaki gone insane? How can I forgive someone so despicable?", or, "I've never met him before, what has he done which is so bad?". To both thoughts, I simply have this to say: Yes. Yes, Max has done bad things in the past. He's done some absolutely unforgivable things, and I've felt it too. But, keeping this feeling of hate, this petty grudge, is simply childish, and pointless. We're all suffering on this world together - so why not show a little sympathy? A little mercy? A little forgiveness? No, you don't have to like him; no, you don't have to be his "friend" - so find a little part of yourself that can forget the past. Move on. Stride forward, letting go of your weights and heal your scars. Imagine yourself as Max... would you enjoy it? Would you enjoy this life, knowing everyone hates you and won't excuse your past as a reason to see the better side of you? Treat him like an actual person. Because that's what he is. We aren't perfect - he isn't perfect, she isn't perfect, they aren't perfect, you aren't perfect - but you know what we all are? Humans. Humans with reason."

"How... how could he defend someone like me... I don't deserve this..."

"...no... you're wrong..." Wyvon spoke up. "And here's why.."