#66: V22

The walls around Yozora were crumbling. The floor beneath him shattered, falling apart into an endless abyss. Shards of sanity were being discarded as he stood motionless.

Across him was Ubume, her feathers ruffled, head lowered. Her shadow casted over Yozora as they watched their surroundings crumble.

"I understand now..." Yozora said.

"We were both unable to communicate our feelings." Ubume said.

"Now it's too late for me to say sorry."

"It's not too late to rewrite the future. We can still change things."

"I'll be crushed by Ayaza. That's the fate that's been laid out before me."

"You don't have to follow that path, when a new path has opened up right in front of you."

Yozora raised his head and met Ubume's softening eyes.

"One last time then..."

"We'll fight so you can stay alive."

Yozora and Ubume's hands connected.

"I'll keep true to my promise. I won't let you disappear, Yozora!"

"Then... I won't ever let you disappear."

"U-Ubume..."

Yozora sobbed as the walls around him fell down. All that remained was a shaky platform that couldn't be held together as the night sky turned white.

(Opening here)

"I want to lend you my strength

"I want to lend you my strength." Kristy said, joining Yozora's side.

"Huh? What's the meaning of this, Crystal Edge Dragon!" Ayaza said.

"I want to be with my older brother one last time. No hard feelings, Overlord." Kristy transformed into a card and joined Yozora's deck.

"You're as troublesome as ever. Well, it doesn't matter. I'll still pulverise you to dust, Yozora. I don't care how many times I have to drag you through the mud, as long as Yza returns to us."

"I refuse to go down that easily..." Yozora said, slamming his deck on the table. "Come at me, Ayaza! I'll end your attempt at robbing my life!"

"Stand up, the, Vanguard!"

"Lizard Soldier, Conroe!" Ayaza's vanguard circle expanded red.

Behind Ayaza, Conroe spawned with his sword barred.

"Accretion Disk Star Demon Series, Fuchakubutsu!" Yozora's vanguard circle expanded light blue.

Fuchakubutsu grinned as he was summoned to Yozora's side.

"U-units?"

"We're on Cray. When we fight on Earth, units are called upon on Cray to do our battles in real life."