#32: Hellhard Eight

As heavy rain loomed over Seigatsu Academy during lunch; inside class 2-A were students enjoying their break with or without friends, depending on their preference. However, all of them were eating lunch around the wooden tables inside the classroom, but at the back of the class, an interesting conversation was taking place.

"Hey, did you hear about the special memorial?"

"For who?"

"Shouri Sakini. Remember him?"

"Didn't he die by a car accident or something?"

"Yeah, but rumours are that he was stabbed to death. The accident is a cover up."

"Good riddance to be honest... I never liked Shouri. The guy had mental issues."

"Yeah, the dude was a creep... he was friends with Rikishi, but everyone's friends with him."

"Rikishi's a tool. Shouri was as well. At least Rikishi was respectable."

"Respectable? Rikishi got in a fist fight the first week of school. Of course, at the time, everyone thought it was cool, but now it's lame."

"Why would they have a memorial for a guy no one likes... that's such a drag..."

"Some people liked him... I heard Akane had a little thing going on for him."

"Akane's a slut, I swear. She sleeps during the day cuz at night she gets wild with guys."

"They're just a bunch of losers..."

"Oi. Shouri's a good guy. Keep his name out of your shitty mouths."

Overhearing the conversation, Darien slammed his fist in the middle of the table, asserting his dominance. With a steely glare, he eyed all of his classmates one by one with a disgusted face.

"Hey, Darien... when did you come?"

"Just right now." Darien replied. "Have some damn respect for the guy... He's dead."

"Since when did you change your heart about him? Last time I remembered, you and Nakuru constantly bullied him."

"Yeah, it was funny when you got a reaction from Shouri!"

"I changed my heart about him a long damn time ago." Darien snarled. "I guess you guys haven't noticed."

"Well, the last time Shouri got brought up was nearly a year now. Of course we didn't know."

"Man, Darien, you're getting soft dude. Caring for Shouri out of all people? If Maeda here died, everyone would care, but read the air. Nobody liked him. The school is only doing this cuz they want to look good."

"Nobody liked him...?" Darien raised a brow, before bursting into laughter.

"I don't get what's funny..."

"The fact you even uttered those words together... Shouri had friends. And I'm one of 'em, damn it!" Darien bellowed.

The group of classmates began howling in laughter.

"Tch. Nakuru, let's go meet Ayo." Darien snarled and walked off with a hunched back. Nakuru followed, looking behind his shoulder.

"Are you okay with letting them laugh at you? You're not the kind of guy to get trampled over easily..." Nakuru said with slight concern.

"Those assholes can howl all they want at me. I'm not gonna let them howl at Shouri, though. We know the truth... they don't." Darien muttered bitterly.

"Y-yeah..." Nakuru nodded. "Well... let's meet up with Ayo."

(Opening here)