#47: Observing

Yozora stood up, leaving his bed with a wrinkled duvet. Taking off his hospital gown, Yozora reached for his normal clothes and put them back on, covering the damage he had sustained earlier in the week during his cardfight with Kai. Putting in his blue contacts and sliding his hands into his pockets, Yozora looked out of the window, and gazed into the blood red sky.

Limping with a hunched back, he took baby steps towards the door of the room, pushing them open. Staggering down the hallway, he prepared to battle the Dragon Deity of Destruction. He gritted his teeth and held his right arm tightly, approaching the front doors of the Mikazuchi Mansion. Yozora took a gold key from his pocket, and slid it into the door-hole. Twisting it, Yozora pulled the door back, feeling the heavy, warm air outside blasting him in the face unexpectedly.

Yozora took out the key and walked out of the Mansion, closing the doors behind him and locking the door. Throwing the keys onto the floor, he continued to snail his way to the God that continued to wreck havoc across Tokyo. Looking up, Yozora could see Gyze clearly as the deity enveloped the sky with it's gargantuan body. Gathering the scraps of energy he had recovered, Yozora ran out, tripping over himself as he sprinted towards Gyze.

(Opening here)

Huffing with his bruised hands leaning on his aching legs, Yozora stared at Gyze with uncertainty knitted in his brows

Huffing with his bruised hands leaning on his aching legs, Yozora stared at Gyze with uncertainty knitted in his brows. Biting his crusted bottom lip and straightening his hunched back, Yozora wandered towards the sword stuck deep into the ground by Ryuzaki. Grabbing it and lifting it up weakly, Yozora cleared his stuffy throat and pointed the blade at Gyze with the remains of strength in his body. With his other hand, he searched for his back pocket for his FICA, holding it as well. Equipped with a sword and deck in each hand, he looked up at the God with his blue fringe covering his right eye.

Gyze looked down at Yozora, holding his hand out towards him. Two boards, one clear, one blue, materialised in front of both players respectively. Yozora set his deck onto the blue holographic board, and watched his cards shuffle and deal themselves out. Being familiar with this system, Yozora used it expertly; returning his cards and looking over his new hand. With an empty look in his dark eyes, Yozora's hand hovered over his starting vanguard.

Mai looked bleakly at the new enemy that would inevitably inflict more pain onto her. However, through her bloodstained vision, a glimmer of hope surfaced. Feeling her heart nearly leap from her throat, she began screaming as loud as she could; feeling a surge of energy flowing through her. Blood flickered off her, and splattered onto the cold floor of Gyze's cockpit.

Yozora could hear the faint screams emerging from Mai. With his eyes averted down, he ignored it because his body was so deprived of energy he didn't care anymore. Pain ran down his spine, and his joints ached with stiffness. However, Mai didn't give up, continuing to scream at the shattered hero to grab his attention. Yozora acknowledged her, but still felt no urge to look up. Gyze gave an understanding gaze at the silent Yozora, and the two flipped their vanguards over at the same time.