#42: Shattered

"The resurrection of Gyze shall commence within eighty-seven hours."

Spectre, Inferno, Magus, Hyakurai and Kai knelt before Overlord, the leader of the Rebellion, who was standing on a lowering stone pillar. Flicking his hand up, the hooded figures rose to their feet.

"Overlord." They said, swearing their allegiance in the cold, metal blue room. Each hooded figure tore their cloaks open, and the Zeroth Dragon they had captured emerged from their cloaks, glowing in the respective colours of the nations: yellow, red, purple, blue and white.

The Overlord looked at them with an approving nod, cupping his hands as the cards began floating towards him. They began to drop into his palms one by one, while the Overlord was pushing them into his chest, and absorbed them like he did for Zoa.

(Opening here)

"Izanoku, I can't believe you actually agreed to that guy's idea

"Izanoku, I can't believe you actually agreed to that guy's idea." Callum muttered, unpacking his black bag on a neatly prepared bed that was against a glossy wooden wall. Adjacent to his bed was Izanoku laying down on her own bed, and Zak unpacking on another. "And why do I have the bed in between you guys?!"

"We could always upgrade to separate rooms." Zak suggested, putting his neatly folded clothes into a large wooden wardrobe in the corner of the cozy and warm bedroom. "But, ask Mistress why she chose a room we could all sleep in together."

"Hey, Izanoku. Why did you choose this shithole?" Callum asked. "We had the chance to have separate rooms, but you chose to stay together? I need my personal space and time, especially if we're living with those guys now! I'll never have the same peace and quiet again!"

"Wow, I didn't know you cared about that kind of stuff..." Izanoku yawned, fanning her mouth with her hand.

"Are you even listening...?" Callum sighed dejectedly, slumping onto the fluffy carpet floor.

"No, I'm just enjoying how comfortable this bed is..." Izanoku moaned, sinking into the snow white mattress. "I haven't been on a bed this good feeling before..."

"She has a point, Callum. Get off the floor and experience how lovely this bed is." Zak smiled, his body planted deep into the bed as well.

"I'm not getting into the bed unless I'm in my underwear, and like hell am I stripping in front of both of you." Callum snarled.

"Oh, that's why you wanted a separate room... so we don't have to see your embarrassing sleeping habits." Izanoku laughed.

"Yeah right. I'm okay stripping in front of you, Izanoku, but letting Zak see my near naked body? That shit's gross." Callum said. "And it's just more comfortable to sleep in boxers. Maybe try sleeping in your panties again."

"Okay, I get your point now that you mention that..." Izanoku mumbled, blushing.

"I feel so excluded right now..." Zak muttered, face buried deep in his pillow.