#74: Trip Down Memory Lane

Some call me the Human Wikipedia for my vast knowledge of everything in this universe.

Others call me the Encyclopaedia Observer for my ability to watch everything that is happening at once.

You, dear reader, may know me as the hobo living in the shadows eating Chinese food.

While none of these titles are wrong, and some I'd even gladly accept, there is only one name I go by.

Lurking in the darkness, watching everything unfold from the moment this world was created...

I am Kurakuya Kage.

A totally regular human, believe or not.

And as I document what happens in each era, each story, and each planet, I find myself more and more invested in what will come next, just like you.

Today is one such day.

As the threat of the world being destructed has been foiled twice, regular life resumes for our hero, Yza Blade.

Yza and Rukia had promised to have a proper date once their exams were over.

The final stretch of March had come as quickly as it appeared.

Spring would soon come marching in like a lion.

And the final act of Z World was approaching too.

It was this fateful Saturday that I decided to stalk them.

To add one more peculiar story to The Almanac.

Young love blooming in the late winter...

Some mapo tofu would go great in this weather.

(Opening here)

I yoinked some mapo tofu from the Chinese shop down the street and escaped into the shadows, following the darkness back to Rukia's house, where she and Yza were currently at

"Step aside dear sister, for I must cleanse this foul beast of all his perverted urges before your sacred date with him. It would be sacrilegious if he tried to unleash his two faced monster upon you in a haze of blind lust and recklessly purge your sweet flower's maidenhood!"

Woah, this mapo tofu's pretty good. I gotta steal from there more often. Oh, this weirdo is Rukia's older brother, Diake Takanori, the infamous Vanguard Cowboy of the East. Even though he talks funny, he's a respected monk who works at the local shrine. Support your local businesses folks!... or something along the lines like that.

See, Diake became a monk out of necessity. Diake and Rukia's parents had them when they were still in high school, so they abandoned their children early on. In order to survive, Diake, carrying his baby sister in his hands, travelled all over Japan in order to find a home for them.