#54: Crystal Edge

It's been fun living as his little sister.

I've watched all the events unfold, up until this very moment.

This was a consequence of my actions.

There is one final arrangement left.

Right now, I—

"Yza Blade."

—will disappear from this world.

(Opening here)

Chopsticks in one hand, eggs in the other, Yozora cracked the eggs into a pan, watching them sizzle and firm up

Chopsticks in one hand, eggs in the other, Yozora cracked the eggs into a pan, watching them sizzle and firm up. He was in the kitchen, humming to himself.

"I wonder why Chiharu had to go so early."

Kristy ran down the stairs, giggling with her hands up in the air. She barged into the kitchen, looking at Yozora with sparkling eyes.

"Kristy, what's the matter?"

Her lips pursed, and turned into a smug smile. Yozora raised a brow.

"...e-eh?"

"Big bro, don't tell me you forgot!"

"Um... I think I did."

"It's my birthday today!"

Yozora blinked, his chopsticks jerking into an egg yoke. As the yoke spilled onto the other eggs, Yozora scrambled them with an awkward smile.

"..."

Kristy's face paled, and she looked down on the floor. She pouted, and tears welled up in the corners of her eyes.

"Big bro... you... forgot?"

Yozora gulped, and slid the cooked eggs onto a plate.

"I'm sorry Kristy. I was busy with work."

"Oh... no time for me huh?" Kristy smiled weakly as she wiped her tears.

"I really am sorry, Kristy... my sense of time is just..." Yozora's voice trailed off as Kristy hugged him. Yozora hugged back, placing a hand on her head.

"I know, big bro... you were in a coma after all. I should've been more respectful..."

"Don't act like you're at fault! It's your dumb big brother who forgot... Tell you what, to make up for my mistake, you can do whatever you want for your birthday."

"Really?"

"Yes. Whatever you want, I'll do it."

Kristy looked up at Yozora, smiling widely. Her eyes sparkled, and Yozora laughed.

"I wanna go to the amusement park!"

"Sure! We can go after we eat breakfast."

"Thanks big bro! You're the best!"