TNG. Q - Vacation

You were zoned in on your work, finishing a report so you could take the rest of the day off. The report had gotten put on hold for the past few days due to unexpected emergencies and issues that needed your attention. But you were just about done, thank God.

"Y/N, my dear, are you busy?"

Speaking of God.

You glanced over your shoulder, looking at Q who had just popped into your quarters. It wasn't an unusual occurrence for him to just come and go, especially when he saw that you were busy. He liked to interrupt and force you to take breaks. Most of the time you appreciated the thought, but it did become annoying at times.

You raised your eyebrows at your boyfriend and held up the PADD you were working on. "What does it look like?"

Q smiled innocently. "It looks like it's time for a break."

You shook your head. "I need to hand in this report."

Q approached you. "You've been working extremely hard all week, and no one is more admiring of your dedication than I. But even the hardest workers need a break."

You smiled softly. "Thanks, but I really do need to give this to Commander Riker."

"Is it finished?"

You nodded and the next thing you knew, Q was snapping his fingers and the PADD was gone. You blinked in surprise and sighed. "Q, you promised Captain Picard you'd stop doing stuff like that."

Q shook a finger at you. "I promised I wouldn't interfere with the daily tasks of the crew. What I just did is not interfering. In fact, it's helping and getting something done faster. You're welcome."

You laughed lightly and shook your head. "I mean, I guess..."

"Now come." He held out a hand.

You took it and stood. "Where are we going?"

Q just smiled and snapped his fingers.

A white light filled your vision momentarily, then you felt your feet sink into a soft ground. You looked around at your new surroundings—you were on a beach, the gentle waves moving back and forth from the shore.

"Q," you started to say, but he held up a hand.

"I don't want to hear any objections. You, my dear Y/N need a vacation."

You sighed softly. "I'd love one, but I can't just get up and leave."

"You really should know by now that I can adjust how time works for you mortals," Q said, not unkindly. "No one will even know you're gone because by the time you get back only a few seconds will have passed on the Enterprise."

A smile slowly spread on your face. "So we basically have all the time in the world to just... hang out on this beach?"

"Indeed." He kissed your cheek.

"Where even are we?" you asked.

"Oh, some uninhabited M-class planet in the Gamma Quadrant. There are no neighbouring planets, and no hostile species nearby." He snapped his fingers and a little cottage appeared not twenty feet from you. "Everything you need is in the bedroom there."

You smiled widely and shook your head in disbelief. "You're amazing, you know that?"

"Yes," Q replied with a smile of his own. "But I am glad you like this place. You really do need to take more vacations."

"Well, I'm taking one now," you replied. You kissed his lips softly. "Thank you for doing this."

He grinned down at you. "Of course, my dear. I would do anything for you."

"I know." You gave his hand a gentle squeeze. "I love you."

"And I love you." He kissed your forehead.

You smiled and made your way to the cottage, ready to change into something more comfortable so you could enjoy your impromptu vacation.