Chapter 1

*Cover art made by @DTHUNNYii on Twitter! They're a very good drawer so make sure to check them out! :D*

(Future author here, just letting you know this story gets MUCH better later on and the writing is much more professional)

George's pov

"When's the world gonna stop getting worse?!" Oh right, you don't know. The events of the past 7 years have been insane. No one thought it could get worse after 2020, but boy were they wrong. Leaving your house is barely an option anymore- the virus back then was nothing compared to now, compared to how much it has grown.

I am currently 26, I had basically just turned into an adult when it all started, I'm lucky to have been at the age I was at. Not old enough for whatever they had planned, but not young enough to be in, let's say, a public school. Anyone from the ages 21 to 35 had to work for them. If you refuse, they take you with an unknown consequence.

"George? Are you even listening???"

I break out of my thoughts, and immediately acknowledge the man talking in our call.

"Sorry no Sapnap, I was just-" I start tearing up, unable to finish my sentence. It's part of our lives now. It has been for years. Just except death.

"I'm sorry George, I- I dont really know what to say-"

"We all know this is just going to continue- so why can't we just fucking get over it?!?!" My fist pounds against my desk, if I wasn't so used to it, it probably would've hurt.

Why did they have to take HER OF ALL THINGS?! The only true source of entertainment or love I had left, my own sister.

"George are you oka-"

"What do you fucking think?! You couldn't even understand the amount of pain I had to go through. The only thing you lost was a fucking animal. Be lucky you still have all of your family." I'm barely aware of any of the things coming out of my mouth. But just as I took in what I said, I heard a small "sorry" right before the discord leaving-call sound.

I immediately text him my apologies, I wish I didnt always mess up all the time. It's getting worse, I need to control what I say but- it feels impossible. It hurts to much.

After a couple of minutes I get a text back saying, "it's alright- I understand don't worry. I couldn't imagine how you feel I- I'm so so sorry."

Without responding, I fall backwards into my bed and curl into a ball. I grabbed the nearest pillow to sob into. Another long night. Great.

488 words

(Most chapters will be between 1k-3k words this is just the first so yeah- also constructive criticism is appreciated :D)

(My upload schedule should be every Friday or Saturday around 1PM-2PM EST)