Chapter 36

Dreams pov

Next thing I know, I'm thrown into the old familiar room. I refuse to call it mine again. As I hear the sounds of locks being secured, I look around at the sight I remember so well. Man it's been a while, but yet feels like just yesterday I was here.

The more my eyes wonder, the more I notice small differences to it. They probably were searching everywhere for me. But besides that, nothing has really changed.

I look out the window, watching the sun finish lowering beneath my view. Seeing this sight took up most of my days. Normally it was always relatively boring here, but they would occasionally let me go out, or even speak with the guards. Heck, I remember when Tommy was a guard in training and we would hang out on his breaks.

They always let me go, because they thought I would be spreading their latest creations. But I took every chance for that train when I thought I was old enough. Once I noticed the fact of being immune, I just worked harder, having it finished the day before their final test. And I left.

I breathe in, then exhale. There's really not much for me to do now. I might as well sleep through this night. After all, it is my first stay back. Planning this early would be dumb considering my lack of knowledge since the disappearance.

Hopping into my bed, I think of George again. Can't help being used to having him at my side. Just laying here I already miss him so much. Especially since I know I probably won't be seeing him again.

I hope he understands what I have to do. He probably will never know about it. But if someway he finds out- I hope he'll be okay.

-

I jump to a loud door opening fast, causing me to wake up.

"Get up. DA needs you." I'd fight back, but this is good. I need to see him again anyways.

"Okay, let me stretch would you?" After doing so, I stand to the guards, willingly placing my arms infront of me for the cuffs. Once they're on, we begin walking down the halls.

"Ah there you are." I cringe at his voice, still getting used to hearing it again. "We did some extra tests on your blood that we haven't done before. It seemed- abnormal. Do you know anything about this?" I think about what's okay for them to know. Should I tell them?

"First, answer this. Will you kill me?" He looks worried for a moment.

"And why are you asking that? Are you going to do something depending on my answer?"

"I'll tell you what I know." He pauses for a moment, finally looking back.

"Fine, we're not. In fact, we're keeping you alive. Happy? Now spit it." I smile, knowing he's telling the truth. If I were to die, it would be over for him.

"Okay, I'm immune." He looks at me, strangely. "I can't get the virus. Thanks to all your tests, I'm completely unaffected by it."

"Is that so..." He looks away. "Now, why did you run?"

"Because I thought you'd kill me when you found out. But now, my life is to important to your plan to even be worried anymore." I notice him cringe.

"Bastard." He whispers. "Bring him into this room while I check a few things." Walking into the space right next to us, I'm sat down in a chair. The moment the door's locked, they let go of me, keeping the cuffs on.

I carefully look around the room, keeping an eye out for- I spot it. Oh my God- it's actually in here. This could possibly be my only chance, but how do I get to it? As I think of any possible plan, my thoughts are interrupted from a roaring alarm. "GUARDS! I NEED ALL OF YOU STACKED!" My jaw drops as I watch one by one escape the room. "You! Stay with him. Block the door from the outside!"