Chapter 23

Bads pov

I twist in my seat, causing my sore back to crack, anxious about the answer to my last message I sent to him. The reason for me being so sore, is how much tossing and turning I've been doing every night. Every night since I found out. And his last texts to me,

"Hey Bad, always remember I love you, okay?"

"I will, I love you too
But why?
Is everything okay right now?"

"Well, I'm currently in a hospital." I gasped when I saw that message.

"Wait why?
That was dumb.
I mean- I thought you couldn't afford it, right?
Can I visit?
Do you have your phone?
Please respond..."

I've been waiting since the last message, just about an hour. It hasn't been to long, but I'm just scared of types of stuff like that, non descriptive things. Saying something out of the blue that could be much worse than it seems.

I look up from my desk with teary eyes, seeing the small text at the bottom.

"Skeppy is typing..."

"Oh my goodness, Skeppy?!" I wait a moment before seeing the text send.

"Yeah, I couldn't afford it. But since it's almost the date, they need to keep me restricted when I go." Reading the short paragraph caused my damp cheeks to heat up. Especially at the when I go. I jump out of my chair, immediately responding while switching to my phone and walking into the other room.

"Can I still visit?
Please...
What room are you in?"

"I'm pretty sure you need to call or something if you want to visit. They'll tell you all the needed information too."

"But I want to see you now..."

"I know Bad, I know. Just call and see the soonest time you can, okay?" The text calms me down, causing a small smile to grow across my previous mournful face. After letting him know I was, I quickly pull up the number, calling it fast. The call operator answers in seconds.

"Hello, this is the CPI. Please select one of the following numbers that fit your needs for the call." I get my finger ready, hoovering over the numbers. "1, You have the virus, and want medical help. 2, You would like to report something about our cause. 3, You would like to visit someone here in quarantine. 4-" I swiftly hit 3, wating for the call to connect to a receptionist.

"Hello. Please give me your full name, and current location." Without wasting any time, I answer straight away.

"My name is Darryl Noveschosch, and my residence is located at ****** ** ***."

"Hold one second... Alright, full name of the patient you would like to see, and please tell me your relations with them."

"Skep- uh- Zak. Zak Ahmed. I'm his best friend."

"Okay, and their date?" I cringe at the question.

"July 2nd."

"Good, good. Is it just going to be you visiting?"

"Yes, just me." I then hear some vivid typing.

"You have been accepted into the visiting process, what day is most preferable to you?" I don't even think twice before answering.

"As soon as possible. Today, tomorrow, anything." She hums to herself, I hear more clicks in the background.

"So today you say?" I give a confrimating sound. "Okay, you're good to go for now. We will send you a message in approximately an hour letting you know the times. Thank you for calling. Goodbye." The women immediately hangs up the phone.

Sheesh... that was a bit harsh at the end there. But at least I get to see Skeppy! Immediately pulling out my phone again to text, I tell him I might visit soon, today if I'm lucky. Now, it's time to wait.

While waiting, I decide to look for some food. Considering I barely have any, there's not many choices to choose from. As I do, I think about the small conversation I'd just had.

July 2nd... What day is it today? Looking at my phone, I see the four letter word next to double digits. June- 30th.

"No- NO!" I drop to my knees. Letting the new tears fall. "That- that's in-

2 days." I didn't even realize the date because of- how much fun we were having together. All that- is going to be gone. All of it.

Why does this have to happen to my little muffin... To the one thing that means everything to me, to my best friend, to the only person I've ever loved.

I never though anything would ever happen, I thought we were going to happy forever. We promised each other we would always get through it! So what the fudge is this?! What the-

Looking over to my right, I see a photo, framed. And not just any photo, but one of me and skeppy. Happy. My head hits the ground with my fist. Tears flowing faster than the worlds biggest water fall. "Skeppy-" I manage to cry out. "Why you."

Holding my head in my hands, I try comprehending the facts. My best friend is going to- I lift my head off the ground, meeting stares with the same framed photo from earlier.

I slowly stand to my feet, walking over to the thing filled of the best memories. Picking up the photo, I pay attention to our smiling faces, his smiling face. I start to trace Skeppy with my finger. "I love you Skeppy." I whisper out. "Can't wait to see you again."

I set down the frame, starting to walk to the bathroom for a tissue. After using it, I try to look to the bright side.

I'm going to get the call soon, and who knows, I could have to leave just when they do. I should just get some food, and be ready for it. For him.

-

I hear a slight ringing while finishing up washing my dish.

"Oh my goodness, the call!" Drying my hands, I immediately pick up the phone, hearing the familiar automated voice.

"Hello. This is the CPI. You have been assigned to visit Zak Ahmed today at 3PM." Okay, I have a bit. "That is all. If you have any questions then please press "1" on your-" Hanging up, I swiftly let Skeppy know I'm coming, to which he replys in excitement. I giggle.

It's been so long since I've actually seen him- At least I was always able to play and talk to him online. I don't even know what I would do without that.

Even with knowing just how much time I have, I still speed getting every possible thing I'd need together. Double checking every minute to be safe.

Glancing over at the device, I see the short question displayed on the screen from Skeppy, "what time?" After picking it up, I give the answer. To which he says, "oh, that's in a while, okay." Soon, the conversation went from excitement back to one of our daily, regular, funny chats.

-

Looking at the time, I notice a large "2" in the hour spots. Fudge. I wasn't paying attention to the time! Everytime I talk to him, it's like the world fades around me. Not like he feels the same way though, considering he was the one to mention it. Even being just around half an hour away, I rush to grab all the necessitys. My phone, mask, some gloves, and I already am wearing clothes that show no skin. So, I think I'm ready. Giving Skeppy the final text that I'm leaving, I step outside my door, taking in a deep breath.

"It's time."

1267 words