Chapter 12

Georges pov

"Hello-"

That's a new voice-

"This is the CPI. We called to inform you of-"

Wait- that's a person. Not an automated voice. What's this for?

"An object you need to pick up. Don't worry, we sanitized it fully, and have made sure there's no traces of any virus on it."

An- object?

"Wait what is it?" I interrupt. Dream looks at me confused.

"It seems to be some sort of journal. It belonged to Nick Armstrong, and you're the closest family member/friend to here. The rest can't travel and get it from safety precautions."

A journal? Now that I think back, I think that I actually do remember him starting one. He said so when we were all talking in bed wars. Him and Skeppy were just talking about the stuff while me and Bad try-harded the game. We both still lost, but it was very fun regardless.

"Well, when do I pick it up?" I ask curiously, still slightly confused about the mystery book.

"Are there any days that work for you?" I think for a second, answering fast.

"Anytime really, I'm free today, tomorrow-"

"Then tomorrow at 2PM would be good, unless you wanna change it."

"No that's good, thank you so much." The girl give a comforting grunt, and tells me to have a great day, which I do back and hang up.

"So-?" Dream looks at me intrigued with a hint of confusion.

"It wasn't a voice mail, as you could see from me talking back. But a lady told me that I need to pick up a book from-" I choke on my words, saying his name is hard. Accepting what happened is hard. "You know."

"A book? For what?" He gently puts his hand up to meet his chin, falling back a bit on the couch.

"I don't exactly know, but she said it was his journal or something." I shrug my shoulders, and lean against him. "She also said that we need to pick it up tomorrow at 2PM." I smirk as feel his arm go around me.

"Okay, George. Anything that works for you works for me too." I look up at him behind me, and see that adorable smile. I giggle, then huddle closer, closing my eyes, feeling his head gently drop to mine, and arms hug me more. But just as we get comfy, my phone rings, AGAIN.

"Aw, do you have to pick it up?" I almost say no, but then realize it could just be them again needing to change the date. Could be anything important. After all, almost everything is nowadays. I sit up, trying to leave his grip, but he stops me.

"What if it's the CPI?" I say, looking at him with a frown.

"What if it's the ruining-relationships-company?" I could tell he was holding in a laugh. I giggle, reminding him we are in fact not in a relationship. After he jokingly groans, I'm let free to answer the phone. But when I picked it up, I immediately recognized the saved contact, answering it.

"Bad???" Dream sits up, looking intrigued from the name.

"Hi George-" I hear a small sniffle. "How are you holding up?" He almost chokes on his words, but brings himself together.

"Bad..." Knowing exactly what he's talking about, I start partially tearing up.

"You got the call right? I just want to make sure- m-my muffin's doing well." Bad studders. Hearing him like this is almost to much. He's always the happy one helping everyone making us all feel good, but now he heard- that.