Chapter 17

Dreams pov

I sit up from my soft bed, stretching my arms with a yawn. Today's probably going to be fun, I mean after all I do have George with me. Slowly opening my eyes, I look to my left to see my sleeping beauty. But when I open my eyes, he's not there. I jokingly whine, getting ready to stand up, but just before I do, I take a good look around the room.

"Wait- why does this look- different." I look out the window, so much brighter place than before. "The fuck?" After taking a closer look, I realize wait- that's not what I remember it looking like. I stand up from the bed. "Where- am I? I swear it didn't look like this before it looks like- a copy? "George-?!" I yell his name in confusion, no response.

I don't even bother changing before charging outside the door of the room, but when I step out, I see- "Wait- wait wait wait- no- NO- HOW? HOW AM I HERE? WHEN DID I GET BACK?!" I shout, not noticing the loudness of my voice.

"I see you're up again, Clay." I freeze in my steps, slowly turning to face the man behind me.

"Wha- what do you mean?!" I stutter.

"Well, you've been out for a while. Let's see, when did you fall asleep again-"

"Where's George?!" I yell in his face, but his laughs echoe down the long blank halls.

"Oh, your friend! We figured he was the reason for your not returning. So we took care of him, don't worry." I clutch my fist, stepping closer to the man.

"What do you mean you 'took care of him.'" My voice is filled of anger, my fist wishes it could come in contact with the face so close to mine.

"No need to worry about it, we got him out of the way. Now we can get back to our tests! Aye?"

"No! I'm NOT coming back. Tell me where George is so I can leave with him and go back home."

"Oh sorry Clay, I'm afraid I can't do that." I step back, as he does closer. His arms are set behind his back, most likely to look sophisticated, possibly less dangerous then he actually is. But I can see right through that look, right through his eyes. They're gonna get back to testing me, they're gonna kill me once they find out. Most people would find that smile calming, but I find it terrifying.

"Get away from me you fucking freak!" I back away, soon turning to run, but my wrist gets pulled back. I scream in agony at the new possible dislocated joint. I look up to the man.

"I'm sorry, I just said you can't do that, didn't I?" He's standing straight up, one hand still behind his back, the other holding my wrist.

"No no no, you are NOT in control of me. Not anymore." I try to yank it back, failing from his tight grip.

"Please remain still, you're just making this harder on yourself."

"Fine, fine." I straighten up, he lets go of me. "But under one condition." I look up from my lowered face, making eye contact with the man. "Show me George."

"Are you sure that's really what you want to do? See him, see your friend?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Now where the fuck is he."

"Please lay off the language, remain calm." We start walking down the long hallway, soon entering an elevator.

"Wi-"

"You have a right to remain silent." Will he be okay? After a while, it occurs to me how low we're going, deep underground. Soon it comes to a stop, slowly opening to the dark room. I didn't even notice me stopping, considering the next second he asked if I was following. I just nodded my head, staying not to far behind.