Chapter 20

Dreams pov

"Get the fuck out of my house." He points to the exit. I have no other choice then to leave, it's not like it's our house.

"I never wanted to." I whisper the quick phrase, shutting the door behind me. Walking down the long dark street, alone.

It was such a bad play on words on my part. This is exactly what I was scared of happening. Not being able to get it out on time. I hope he forgives me- wait- he needs to forgive me. There's evidence I was there- they could interrogate him, try to get information. But I've gotten to really know George, he may be mad, but he wouldn't tell them a fucking thing. Which is bad because I could just try to escape again, and possibly get out, but then they'd give him the mark and make him never get out.

??? pov

We got it all ready, we amplified the already made tracker that allowed us to get the marks put on them. I'd say we're ready to go. Hah, so glad we got our jets, this is going to be one quick journey.

Dreams pov

Where do I even go? Will he ever want me back? Does he care anymore? I don't know, I'm going to have to find somewhere to stay for the meantime. But I can't afford going to far, it could risk- him.

I drop down under a bridge, it went over polluted waters but the edge still had some land to rest on. I need some sleep, probably more than normal since I'll be doing lots of planning and thinking tomorrow. I don't even have food.

I find a spot that seems more hidden than the rest, laying down on it. It's the the comfiest thing ever, considering it's the cold hard ground, but the spot's due-able. Looking into the small crack at the sky, I think of George. I hope he's not to mad, either way I can't just leave him here. Shutting my eyes for the last time in the night, I drift off.

-

Time to get back. I stand up, looking around. It was alright, but everything seemed to be slightly more tampered with than the other day. I stand up, waiting for my next move when-

"Clay!" I freeze. No one here knows my name, is that-

*gunshots*

"Come here, wherever you are." How did they find me?! "Hello." I slowly look up into the gun pointing directly at my head in fright. "You shouldn't have ran."

*bang*

-

I jolt awake to the roaring sound of a plane, covering my ears with my hands. Few, just a dream.

"Wait a second- planes aren't allowed anywhere-" I immediately bring in my legs, hiding from any possible thing that could see me. I know of only one place that could, and does have planes- No- no, no, no, no- How would they know? How would they find out? Couldn't have been George- oh right- I amplify the virus- they're tracking it- I stand up, starting to slowly get away from here bit by bit when-

"Hey! You there!" I quickly cover the rest of my face with the mask, letting me have a slightly more impaired vision. My small steps turn into sprints as I notice the familiar uniform speed up.

I haven't done anything very active recently, and just woke up- this isn't the time for this! Running out of breath, I duck down behind a bush I know I won't be seen in, but make sure I have an escape from at least two sides just in case. The trick to running from something, is never corner yourself if you're the one being chased. Always have an exit and a plan.

I know this because of how many times I used to play tag when I was little with my friends, I don't remember them much at all, didn't really fit in to well either. But all I know is I was a God at it. My dad also used to show me tactics when I was young, he always made sure I knew how to survive on my own.

But these people have experience, and work often too. "Freeze!" I start to run, faster than before, also trying to conserve my breath. After running for a while longer, I make the mistake of glancing over my shoulder to the man. He's right in my face.

Next thing I know I'm tackled to the ground, arms locked behind my back. "Why did you run?" I don't respond, my voice is known. "Answer me." I attempt to look at him, he gets a better view of the mask. "Remove your mask." He loosens his grip until I'm out of his clutch, allowing me to move. Slowly moving my hand up to my mask, I try thinking of a plan. I was only let go to take it off. Remember what he taught you.

Holding the cover, I look down at his legs, knowing my eyes aren't seen, noticing the weak spot that could be the one solution to my escape. I drop to the ground, causing him to be off guard, swiftly dodging his arm to behind him and kicking his locked knees in. I start running fast, occasionally looking over my shoulder to see if he catches up. But to my surprise, he doesn't move, laying on the ground. A wave a relief starts to pass over me then I notice the object in his hand, a phone- backup.

I'm not just running anymore, I'm looking in every corner, every exit, every entrance, to make sure I don't get jumped. As I sprint down the empty streets, I grow further and further away from George, my breath starts to slowen. I need a break, but somewhere where I can get out easily if followed into.

I drop agaisnt a wall to catch my breath, not falling down so I'm ready to run. I knew this would happen if I left, but using every last bit of my energy is the price I have to pay to survive. Once I swallow my dry throat away, I stand to keep running. Making sure I stay in the low.

I know they'll give up soon, heck they don't even know it's me. It's not like they're the cops or anything. Who knows, I could've just been someone breaking the law, not wanting to get caught. Which is not their responsibility to deal with.

As I sprint down road after road using the dark atmosphere as my advantage, I spot the one light shined directly on me. With the one uniform I know to well.

1121 words