Chapter 28

Georges pov

"D-did you get the news?"

"What news?" My heart drops as I remember the missed call I had just skipped passed earlier.

"Skeppy- he's-" Bad cries. "He's dead." I step back.

"Wha- what do you mean he's-" I refuse to re say the phrase. "How..." As my eyes start to water, I understand why he looks like this. This isn't normal for him at all.

"So you never got the call, huh?" He sniffles again. I stand there, frozen. "Why don't you come inside so we can talk. I really didn't expect visitors so I'm sorry if it's messy." Being stood still, Dream helps me inside, simultaneously hugging me from the side.

"This place actually looks really nice..." Tommy says in a quiet voice, just loud enough for everyone to hear. Bad gently thanks him, sitting down on the couch. Also letting us sit as well.

"So..." He starts. "Why- or even how are you here, George? And who are they-?" Bad gestures to the people sat around me.

"Well this is Dream, actually-" Dream then takes off his mask, waving Hi to him. "And this is his friend, Tommy."

"Sup." Tommy waves as well.

"And we're here because we have a problem..." Dream takes over.

"What exactly would that be?" Bad questions. "Can I help in anyway?"

"Well... You see..." He then goes on, giving a very quick run view of everything. "And finally, we got here thanks to a secret underground railroad my dad showed me when I was little, it's not to far from here either." Bads jaw practically dropped.

"Woah- that's- I don't even know what to say to that-" He pauses. "To sum it up, you just kinda need a place to hide because those people are actually real and looking for you?"

"Eh, yeah basically." Me and Tommy chuckle at his confused expression.

"Holy muffin, that's quite a bit." Since the important conversation had just ended, I immediately remembered the lack of sleep Dream had.

"Oh, and do you maybe have a place for Dream to sleep?"

"George, I'm fi-"

"Nope, nope. Didn't sleep in over two days, you're going to bed." I cut him off.

"Two days?!" Bad practically yells. "Oh my goodness, please come this way." Bad gets up off the couch, gesturing for him to follow as he brings him to a room. Dream then jokingly rolls his eyes, but smiles. Even with seeing his dark eye bags, he still managed to look kinda cute.

"George, what are you even- are you thinking about Dream?" I go back into focusing, questioning him on what he was on about this time. "Just staring off with that weird expression. I know you were, there's no point on denying." I laugh off what he said, also noticing Bad enter the room once I finished.

"I don't even know when he'd wake up-" Bad mumbles quite loud. "Oh sorry-" He looks up at us. "Did I interrupt something?" I see Tommy getting ready to talk at the corner of my eye, knowing what he's gonna say. I cut him off.

"Nope-" My stomach rumbles. "But I am kinda hungry though."

"I might be able to find something you could eat, if you would like." Bad happily offers.

"Oh, no no. I'm not going to take any of your food. Don't worry, we brought our own." I smile. "You can share it with us as well."

"You don't need to do that, I have plenty for myself." He kindly fights back.