Chapter 30

Dreams pov

"How's it better?" George asks curiously. "I mean, I know things have happened with you, but what about before this? Before the virus was even a thing?" I smile.

"Well... For starters, I have you guys- friends. But better than any other. I didn't even have many friends back then, and I wouldn't trust a single one of them as much as I trust all you." George then glances to the side, wide grin and light pink cheeks.

"Finally you're done fighting." I look over to Tommy crossing his arms.

"What do you mean 'you're done fighting'?! YOU WERE THE ONE-"

"Anddd my point stands." Tommy sighs. I laugh at the expect reaction from the man I fully learned in such a short timespan. Tommy looks to me. "Wanna watch TV?" Ignoring Bad's yells and excuses.

"Oh, yeah. Sure." I hold in my laugh, going along with it.

"Ugh, you guys are the worst." Bad gives up. I let out a small giggle, turning on the TV. But just as I lean back and yawn, the news pops up on the screen, showing all the latest cases and growth. Before it stays for even a second, I watch as the live video quickly changes.

"TOMMY!" I lightly shout. "Go back to that!" He then looks at me, confused.

"To the news? Since when are you into that crap?" He genuinely asks.

"It's- nothing." I quietly sigh. "Just- put it back on please."

"Whatever you say, boss." He jokes, changing it back. I remember when the news was moved to YouTube due to the lack of cable around. I found it quite funny at the time, considering how nothing is serious there and mostly about video games and such.

Shoot, I need to pay attention.

"It seems the low levels of the virus are over. Patients are experiencing the same intensity as it was prior to the drop." I cover my mouth due to my dropped jaw. So- could it actually mean- "The intensities also seem to be back down to the levels before as well for the UK. We don't know the exact cause for this random drop/growth in either of these areas, or the relativeness between the two. But researchers are still looking into the unusual matter."

"Well, this is weird, and boring." Ignoring Tommy, I think back to the thoughts I was having last night.

So it is true. There's no way it's a coincidence, it can't be. The only time the virus changed in oh so long, and was only in the places I was. Around me being the most powerful. I never thought it'd actually be true- It seems like just another show or fictional story. I guess those samples they took from me were used after all. They combined the two. The virus, and I.

But why. Why would they even do it? Is there a reason? Was it an accident? Some things will never be solved. But having that one answer always makes situations feel so much better. Especially if that answer is what you've been looking for through all the situations created.

"Hey, Dream-" I glance over to the voice a couple seconds later. "Did you ever plug in the phone?" Bad asks immediately after. Looking to my side, I see it still sitting next to me. "Because I don't have the number for it anymore."

"Uh-" I stand up, holding the device in hand. "I'll do that now, sorry."

"It's no worries! Just made sure to give a reminder." He smiles, and I do back. It doesn't take long at all until I see the conveniently placed outlet right infront of me. Plugging in the phone, I notice the screen light up, showing it's dead.

"Seems it'll work, I guess I'll know for sure later then." Bad smiles, nodding his head.

"So..." Tommy starts. "Anyone up for some Minecraft?"