Chapter 5

(Y/n) POV)

The fog was thick around the boat we had boarded to bring us to the island of our destination.

Sakura: "This is quite some fog. I can't see ahead."

"I like it, it's calming to me."

Boat boy: "The bridge should be coming into view soon. When we reach the side of the bridge, We'll be in the Land of the Waves." As we continue onward the a giant bridge appears in the fog.

Naruto: "WOW! It's huge!"

Boat boy: "H-Hey! Keep it down. I took this boat out in the cover of the fog. And I cut the engine and am rowing by hand. If they find us, we'll be in deep trouble."

Dad: "Tazuna-san. I want to ask you something before we reach the pier. The identity of your assailants, and the reason why they're after you. If you don't tell us, our mission may end when you make landfall."

Tazuna: "It appears I have no choice but to tell you. Frankly, I'd like you to listen." Oh this is gonna be a long explanation. "Just as you said, this may be beyond the scope of your mission. Actually I am being targeted by a terrifying man."

"A terrifying man? Who?"

Tazuna: "You guys have probably heard at least his name before. A shipping magnate by the name of Gato."

Dad: "What? Gato, of the Gato Company.? One of the world's richest men?"

Naruto: "Who? What?" He shouldn't sound as excited as he is.

Tazuna: "Yes, on the surface, he's the chief executive of a shipping company. But underneath, he's into drug-trafficking and deals in contraband using gangs and ninjas. Moreover, he runs a despicable business, ruthlessly taking over nations and enterprises. It was about one year ago, when that man first set his eyes on the Land of Waves. He used his wealth and violence to enter this country, and before anyone knew it, he had taken complete control of the island's maritime transportations and shipping. Having a tight grip on the ocean, in an island nation like the Land of Waves, means having control of finance, the government, the people, everything. The one thing Gato fears, is the completion of the bridge, that has been under construction for some time now."

Sakura: "Since you're the one building the bridge, you've become a hindrance."

Sasuke: "So those ninja from before were Gato's men."

"Most likely they were hired to kill Tazuna-san."

Dad: "But I don't understand. Your opponent is a dangerous one, who will even use ninja. Why did you hide that fact when you made your request?" Probably money if I had to guess.

Tazuna: "The Land of Waves, is a very poor nation. Even feudal lords have no money. Of course us normal citizens have no money either. We cannot afford to make requests B rank or higher. Well if you pull out of this mission when I reach the shore, I will, no doubt, be killed. Killed sometime before I make it home. But there's no need for concern. Should I die, my grandchild who will turn eight, will only cry his heart out!" Guilt tripping asshole. We already said we'd complete the mission. "And, my daughter will only blame the Hidden Leaves ninja for the rest of her life and grieve in solitude! Oh it's not your fault at all!"

Dad: "Well... I guess we have no choice. Let's continue as his bodyguards."

Tazuna: "Oh, I am most grateful!" I sigh pinching the bridge of my nose.

Boat boy: "We'll be arriving soon. Tazuna, it appears we haven't been noticed up to this point."

Tazuna: "Thanks." We pass through a tunnel revealing a admittedly beautiful area, mangrove trees littering the waters around the small town. We all step off the boat and onto a wooden dock.