Chapter 29

(3rd POV)

The retrieval team, now minus Choji, pursued Sasuke. Everyone had eaten a food pill from Choji.

Neji: "Shikamaru, that pill Choji ate earlier... It seemed like some sort of trump card, but does he have a chance to win?"

Kiba: "He said that he has a secret weapon."

Shikamaru: "He brought the Akimichi clans ultimate secret pills on this mission. These are the Triad Colored Pills of green, yellow and red. If you take it, you can gain explosive powers. The energy that each pill contains is enormous!"

Naruto: "I see! I see! So that's why he was so confident!"

Shikamaru: "But...there's always a side effect to any pills that work too well."

(With (Y/n)

Gaara: "Where are we supposed to find them?"

(Y/n): "I don't know, anywhere from Konoha to the border of the Land of Fire." (Y/n) sends out an annoyed growl. "It doesn't matter, we'll get there in time! We have to!"

Temari: "Who should help who?"

(Y/n): "It'd be a waste to assign each of us to a person, we'll split to find and help anyone we can. Ayame, you'll tend to the injured, I'm going to go after Naruto and Sasuke. Temari, Furry, Gaara, you three will go help anyone you find on our side." Everyone nods and they continue their seemingly never ending run.

(With the retrieval team)

The four jumped through the trees, briefly stopping to mark arrows into the trees. A blue butterfly flew by Shikamaru's face, causing his eyes to widen and he looks back.

Naruto: "What happened?"

Shikamaru: "Nothing..." They continued speeding through the trees. Neji activates his byakugan when Kiba brings up them being close.

Neji: "That's weird. There hasn't been one trap for a while now. What do you think Shikamaru?"

Shikamaru: "We're being underestimated. Those guys think the only one following them is that big guy. They don't need to set a trap on their man." And Naruto took offence to that.

Neji: "It seems you're right. We are being completely underestimated. However, this is our chance."

Shikamaru: "Yeah... We'll take them by surprise."

The team tries to trick the remaining three by impersonating Jirobo. Kidomaru sees through the ruse and throws Sasuke's coffin, box thingy to Tayuya.

Kidomaru: "Sakon, Tayuya, you guys go ahead!" "Jirobo" attacks Kidomaru only for two of his six arms to catch his attack. "Jirobo always corrects Tayuya's choice of words." Jirobo turned out to be a transformed Shikamaru.

Shikamaru: "Heh, I see." He kicks at the Kidomaru, only to once again be blocked. Kidomaru then spits a web at Shikamaru, sticking him to a tree that was behind them. He chuckles until six Naruto's jump at him. He jumps of the branch he was on forming a web like ball in his hands.

Kidomaru: "Ninja Art: Spiral Spider Web." The human spider sends a web at the Narutos' catching them all.

Shikamaru: "Naruto!" Kiba and Akamaru then tries to attack with his fang over fang only for the result of beastiality to swing away with his webs.

Kiba: "I won't let you get away!"

Kidomaru: "That's my line. Look at your feet." Webs covered Kiba's feet. Makes you wonder if that's actually silk webbing, or something more....