Chapter 8

(Y/n) POV)

Finally. I made it to the top. As I laid on my back I looked at Naruto and Sasuke's progress. Both boys were neck and neck, breathing heavily they look at each other before standing. They both scream as they run up the tree again. As Naruto fell Sasuke kept climbing falling soon after. Naruto goes to run again but is interrupted by Sasuke.

Sasuke: "Hey, Naruto!" Naruto loses concentration falling flat on his face.

Naruto: "Jeez, what the hell is wrong with you?! Don't interfere while I'm trying to concentrate!"

Sasuke: "U-Uh.. Well..."

Naruto: "What is it?" Sasuke doesn't normally act like this.

Sasuke: "Y-You asked Sakura to give you some tips before... What did she say to you?" Naruto's eyes widen before a stupid grin appears on his face.

Naruto: "I'm not telling!" Sasuke looks over as his eye twitches while I laugh at the two.

Tazuna: "Man, this is really fun! It's been a long time since we've had a meal with this many people!" We had went back to Tazuna's when it got dark. Me and Sakura were eating normally while Sasuke and Naruto were eating like it was the first time they've eaten in their lives.

Naruto/Sasuke: "Seconds please!" They both hold their bowls in the air before glaring at each other, lighting forming between their eyes. They both then proceed to throw up.

Sakura: "Stop eating if you're going to vomit!"

Sasuke: "No, I'll eat."

Naruto: "I have to eat even if it means enduring. I have to get strong as quickly as possible, so..."

Dad: "Yes-yes! But vomiting is different." We had finished eating when Sakura decided to ask a stupid personal question.

Sakura: "Excuse me, why is there a torn picture hanging here? Inari was looking at this all through dinner. This torn part looks like someone who was in the picture was deliberately torn off." The attitude changed almost immediately.

Tsunami: "It's my husband."

Tazuna: "He's a man who was once called a hero of this town." Inari then gets up and begins to leave.

Tsunami: "Inari! Where are you going?" He doesn't answer as he enters a room. "Dad! I'm always telling you not to talk about that person in front of Inari!" She says opening a door and following after him.

Sakura: "What're you saying happened with Inari?"

Tazuna: "Inari had a father not related by blood. It was like they were a real father and son who got along really well... Back then, Inari was a child who laughed all the time. However... " Tears began to spill from his eyes. "However... Inari has changed... ever since that incident with his father. The word bravery was eternally taken from the people of this island and from Inari... With that day, that incident, as the trigger."

Dad: "That incident? What happened to Inari?"

Tazuna: "To explain the incident, I must first... tell you about the man who was called the hero of this land."

Naruto: "Hero?"

Tazuna: "It was around three years ago, when Inari met the man." (Que scene of  Inari's cat dog thing getting thrown into the water by a bully and meets Kaiza for the first time.) "His name was Kaiza and he was a fisherman who'd come to this land from another country in search of his dreams. After that, Inari really took to Kaiza. It may have been because Inari had lost his real father when he was too young to remember anything. But he was very attached to Kaiza. They were like father and son... It didn't take long for Kaiza to become a member of the family. And he was a man this town needed."  (Que scene of Kaiza doing his heroic deed, fixing a dam.) "From then on, the people of this land called Kaiza a hero. And he became a father that Inari could be proud of. It was around that time when Gato set his sights on this land. And then, one night..." (Que Kaiza's death scene.) "Ever since then, Inari has changed... as well as Tsunami, and the townspeople..." Naruto stands and goes to move but faiis, falling on his face.

Sakura: "What're you doing, Naruto?"

Dad: "You've had enough training for today. You've burnt up too much chakra. You'll die if you move any more than that."

Naruto: "I'll prove it. I'll prove that... there are heroes... in this world!" I smile slightly before standing and leaving the same way Tsunami did. Walking up the stairs I see Tsunami in front of a door.

Tsunami: "Inari! Please let me in!" I sigh pulling out a bobby pin unlocking the door.

"I got this." I say with a small smile walking in silently. As I enter I see Inari crying over a picture. Moving closer I see it was the ripped part of the picture from the kitchen. "Is that your father?" He jumps the picture leaving his hand. I reach out and catch it before something can happen to it.

Inari: "How did you get in?! I locked the door!"

"Picked it." I say handing the picture back to him. "Is that a picture of your father?"

Inari: "Yeah."

"Was he a good father?"

Inari: "The best."

"Then don't cry for him, live for him. You're lucky that your father was a good man. My father, ran tests and experiments on me. He had other test subjects as well but he still used his own son as a test subject. From what I was told, you and your father were close. You're luckier than me in another way though. You have a mother who loves you. I never knew mine, she died shortly after I was born. So I want you to go out there and tell your mother something I never got the chance to tell mine."

Inari: "What's that?"

"Tell her you love her. There'll come a time when you won't be able to anymore. So say it a lot while you still can." He nods placing the picture down and walking to the door. I wipe a tear from my eye as I looked out at the sea.

Tsunami: "Inari! Are you okay?"

Inari: "I love you mom." I hear Tsunami gasp behind me.

Tsunami: "I love you too Inari." I smile fully at the scene behind me. I hear footsteps leave and then some come up behind me. "Thank you (Y/n)."

"Of course Tsunami. You saved my life so I returned the favor." I say still looking out to the sea tears slowly spilling from my eyes. I wipe them away before turning around. "It's been awhile since I last cried. I'll see you in the morning Tsunami." I say walking out and into my room sitting there for a long time, not even falling asleep.

(Timeskippy)

Dad: "Okay, then! I leave Naruto in your hands. Because he's used his body to the limit... I don't think he'll be able to move today."

Tsunami: "Kakashi-san, are you feeling alright?"

Dad: "Yes, somehow."

Tazuna: "We'll be going!" Today we all go to the bridge after Naruto and Sasuke both reached the top last night. "W-What the heck is this?!" Workers bodies littered the partially built bridge. "What is going on? What's happened?" Mist begins to cover the area.

Dad: "(Y/n)! Sasuke! Sakura! They're coming!"

Sakura: "Say Kakashi-sensei. This is his, Hidden Mist Jutsu, right?!"

Zabuza: "Sorry to have kept you waiting, Kakashi. I see you've got those brats with you as always. He's still trembling. Poor thing." I look over at Sasuke's shaking hand. Zabuzas then appear all around us.

Sasuke: "I'm trembling with... excitement."

Dad: "Do it, Sasuke." As the clones advance Sasuke quickly cuts them all down.

Zabuza: "Well-well. So he could see the Water Clones, eh. That brat's grown quite a bit. That means a rival has emerged, Haku."

Haku: "So it seems." Zabuza and Haku huh? This'll be interesting.