Chapter 26

(Y/n) POV)

I was walking through the streets of Konoha, it feels like I've been gone forever. Someone bumps into my back before falling on the ground. I look over my shoulder, smirking at who I saw. "I swear you do it on purpose sometimes."

Tenten: "Sorry (Y/n)! Wait (Y/n), you're back!" I stiffen at the unexpected hug she gave me.

"Hello."

Tenten: "I heard that Lady Tsunade is back!"

"I know, I helped bring her here." She looks at me in disbelief.

Tenten: "No way! There's no way!"

"I'm hurt that you're doubting me like this. Anyway, sorry to cut the reunion short but I have to go meet Tsunade. I'll see you later." I wave flickering away. I see Shikamaru and Naruto. "Oh hey you two." I'm ignored by Naruto who runs after Tsunade.

Shikamaru: "Hey (Y/n)." I wave flickering after Tsunade, appearing on top of her head without her noticing. We walked to the hospital with me on Tsunade's head. We walk into Sasuke's hospital room, causing me to jump down from Tsunade's head.

Naruto: "Sakura! Sakura! I brought an awesome person! Sasuke will be fine now!" I smile a little as Tsunade puts her hand on Sasuke's forehead, a green glow emitting from her hand. Sasuke opened his eyes, sitting up. Sakura hugged Sasuke, but something seemed off with him. Naruto turns and walks out sadly. I follow as we go and heal dad as well.

Tsunade: "How disgraceful! To be taken down by just two insurgents. And here I thought you were a genius."

"Nope. Just a pervert who doesn't know how to arrive on time." Dad slumps while Naruto moves us along to the next patient. We walk to Lee's room well, we see him in the hallway using a crutch to walk. Tsunade eventually gets Naruto to leave. We walk in to the hospital room and she puts her hand on Lee's back. 

Tsunade: "I'll be straight with you. Give up being a shinobi." I gasp looking at uncle and Lee.

Guy: "L-Lady Tsunade...don't joke like that."

Tsunade: "There are numerous bone fragments in the area around important nerves. Moreover, they are deeply embedded. You're not physically capable of carrying out the missions of a shinobi." I look downwards, squeezing my eyes shut.

Guy: "Come now, Lady Tsunade, don't joke like that..."

Tsunade: "Even if I were to operate..."

Guy: "Don't be fooled Lee! This person is an imposter! You changed yourself using the transformation jutsu, you evil woman! Who the hell are you?!"

Lee: "Don't I have any...chance?"

Tsunade: "There is no one besides me who is capable of doing the surgery and it would take too much time. Furthermore, there is a huge risk... The probability of a successful surgery is 50% at best, and if it fails... You'll die." Lee. "It's better if you give up being a shinobi, look for a different path." We watch Lee who grabs his crutch, fixing his outfit, and walks out of the room.

"Lee." I mutter.

Guy: "If I knew this was going to happen, I shouldn't have brought you to him."

Tsunade: "I am painfully aware of how you feel, but it's better to be clear. Because it's something he'll have to understand sooner or later. The longer we wait... the harder it will be for him.

"You said 50% right?" She nods. "He's going to take that chance. I know he will, I haven't known Lee long, but he's the hardest worker I know. If he has the chance to continue being a shinobi, he'll take that chance, no matter the risk." I flicker away in a cloud of smoke.