Chapter 19

(3rd POV)

The crowd was displeased at the time Sasuke was taking to show up to fight Gaara.  Thankfully he was given a ten minute extension.

Kankuro: "Hey it's almost time. Is he really gonna come?"

Gaara: "He'll come. He'll definitely come." Thankfully for the crowd and the sands plans, Sasuke and Kakashi appear in a swirl of leaves last second. The sound however, woke up (Y/n).

(Y/n): "Is he here yet?"

Kakashi: "Sorry we're late."

(Y/n): "That answers my question." The crowd roars as he appears.

Naruto: "Heh, so you finally showed up. I thought you weren't coming 'cause you were scared to take me on!"

Sasuke: "The first round...did you win?"

Naruto: "Of course!"

Sasuke: "Don't get to carried away loser." 

Kakashi: "Well, I know it's somewhat rude to be showing up all flashy like this but was Sasuke disqualified?"

Genma: "So your habit of tardiness rubbed off on him? Cripes."

Kakashi: "Well, what of it?"

Genma: "It's all right, Sasuke's match has been postponed anyway. Your arrival was barely in time, but, he hasn't been disqualified." Kakashi laughs nervously.

Kakashi: "That's good to hear!" Sasuke can be seen staring intently at Gaara.

Naruto: "Don't lose to a guy like that."

Sasuke: "Yeah."

Naruto: "Sasuke! I want, to fight you too!"

Sasuke: "Yeah." Shikamaru was completely overlooked by this point.

Genma: "Gaara come down here."

(Y/n): "Something seems off with him." Temari and Kankuro looked at the sprawled out ninja. I few seconds later, screams echoed from where Gaara had left. "Oh." Gaara and Sasuke, stood face to face a little bit later.

Genma: "So now, at last. The rules are the same as the preliminaries. The match goes on until one of you dies or admits defeat. When it's determined that there's a winner, the match can be stopped. But that's my decision." Gaara smirks quietly laughing creepily. The crowd roars again, of course this is the match they were waiting for. "Both of you, in the middle." They both stepped forward, staring each other down. "Begin!" Genma jumped back as Sasuke readied himself, while Gaara let his sand exit his gourd. Gaara grabs his head in pain.

Gaara: "Please don't get mad, mother. Earlier, earlier I had you suck awful-tasting blood. I'm sorry. But this time it'll likely, taste good." Gaara flinches in pain again as his sand drops. "Come on." Sasuke starts by throwing two shuriken at Gaara, using his sand, Gaara makes a clone of himself to catch the throwables. Sasuke rushes and the clone shoots sand at Sasuke. Sasuke jumps it and Kicks the sand clone, his hand gets stuck in it as he tries to punch the clone, he then palms the clone destroying it. Even when Sasuke landed a punch to Gaara's face (Y/n) stood there bored as hell.

(Y/n): "I waited for this." He muttered. Sasuke rushed Gaara, outspeeding his sand landing another kick to him. As Sasuke continuously manages to hit blow after blow, (Y/n) sighs. "Is this all he has?" He muttered again. "Gaara isn't that strong after all huh?" He once again, mutters. Gaara puts his hands together as his sand forms a sphere around him. "Really? A sand sphere? At least it actually did something."

(Y/n) POV)

I glance over to Temari and the furry to see them looking nervous. Sasuke continues trying to attack the sand sphere but spikes don't allow him to do so. And to think I was excited for this fight. At least Sasuke's winning. My eyes widen as I see lightning coming from Sasuke's hand. So that's why they took long to get here. Sasuke rushes Gaara, stabbing it into the sand sphere.